Physicist

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
Dang, there's going to be a RAN, EA, and Supercharger install at the outlets in Pismo. That place is going to be hopping.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Dang, there's going to be a RAN, EA, and Supercharger install at the outlets in Pismo. That place is going to be hopping.
I was hoping it would be further down by the dunes, but still fine. Hopefully they don't put them right next to the others too

Sponsored

OP
OP

Burner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taco
Are you certain that these are all Rivian? Is it possible that some of these are from non-Rivian charging providers?
Yes these are all rivian locations. This list is definitely the majority are
north bay and north coast area. they could just be the easier options right now. Most of the time it takes a year or two to get into low capacity areas bevause of the work needed to upgrade the grid.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Burner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taco
Looks like Yosemite will be covered, now we need Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Without a charger somewhere in the park, the trip to Cedar Grove will be rough.
I'll look near these. For some reason I remember seeing something close but like others have said it could be SCE but there are more utility companies in California and near nevada/Arizona borders.

OP
OP

Burner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taco
That's a ridiculous amount of proprietary charging density in the North Bay, if this is accurate. Corte Madera, Stinson Beach, Muir Beach, Sausalito are all easily covered by existing charging networks, or even a single Rivian location.

My understanding of the Rivian Adventure Network was that it would be providing last mile capacity to existing networks, enabling travel deep into National Forest and BLM areas especially when pulling a trailer. These don't seem to be in line with that mission.

That said, I have always welcomed more charging locations, even when they don't make immediate sense to me. If this is indeed accurate, it's possible it will allow Rivian to more easily access and monitor how their chargers are used and serviced without dispatching to remote locations. Also, infrastructure is readily available in the locations listed. Tesla has chargers in most of these areas already.
The map they released had locations everywhere. I wouldn't be too worried the remote locations could prove difficult as 4 of the largest chargers is ~1MVA of load so it can take some time to upgrade existing infrastructure.

NewsCoulomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Ranger Electric
Yes these are all rivian locations. This list is definitely the majority are
north bay and north coast area. they could just be the easier options right now. Most of the time it takes a year or two to get into low capacity areas bevause of the work needed to upgrade the grid.
Yes, I just know that some of those sites have recently had utilities work due to site upgrades, so I guess it really depends on your source for these job listings. If they're from Rivian, then they should definitely be Rivian sites.

Thanks for doing this!

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
A good number of these seem to be ideal spots for Rivian Waypoint AC chargers, not the Rivian Adventure Network DC chargers. Looking at the ones in SF and Marin, most are near points of interest, not major freeway interchanges.