Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

@twraps any chance you can make the 21" wheel vinyl covers in gunmetal?
Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

@twraps any chance you can make the 21" wheel vinyl covers in gunmetal?
Not for the time being...I checked and apparently the good quality brands like 3M and Avery Dennison don't make this color. Vivid makes it, but I prefer not to work with Vivid as the quality is not good enough, especially for an area that's prone to damage.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
PETG came today...first 4 attempts didn't work but I am on #5 now and so far so good :) Let's see...
IMG_2914.jpeg
How have things gone with testing on this? Would love to place an order once you're satisfied with the results.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

How have things gone with testing on this? Would love to place an order once you're satisfied with the results.
Finally success as of yesterday, printing with PETG. I am now printing non-stop and I will put them in inventory tomorrow, around 10 or so I hope.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Finally success as of yesterday, printing with PETG. I am now printing non-stop and I will put them in inventory tomorrow, around 10 or so I hope.
Great, I've been looking forward to organizing the mess that's living in the center console.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

@twraps, can you begin working on some vinyl cutouts to de-chrome the window trim on the R1S?

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
For the people asking about a PETG organizer. I made one a month ago for my vehicle. Large base with a sliding top layer. Just for fun I incorporated the Rivian logo.

Lower base holds business cards/credit cards, coins, and a spot for a pen added that in the right corner. Top sliding container is perfect for sunglasses.

Anyways its holding up fine. I park my vehicle outside in the sun while at work and have no issues. I wouldn't recommend PLA, it will warp.

Last edited:

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
For the people asking about a PETG organizer. I made one a month ago for my vehicle. Large base with a sliding top layer. Just for fun I incorporated the Rivian logo.

Lower base holds business cards/credit cards, coins, and a spot for a pen added that in the right corner. Top sliding container is perfect for sunglasses.

Anyways its holding up fine. I park my vehicle outside in the sun while at work and have no issues. I wouldn't recommend PLA, it will warp. View attachment 28018 View attachment 28017
I'd suggest that you be very careful regarding use of the Rivian compass trademark. Best case scenario is that you'll get a cease and desist letter in the mail. Worst case is that you'll get served as the first step to pending litigation. The attorney's fees to just respond will likely cost more than any profits from the sales of products.

They can actually draw everything out without proceeding to trial in an effort to effectively bleed you. Them not doing this prior (at least publicly) could be a good thing or bad thing for you. I'd suspect the latter as they would want to show tight control to set precident.

I've worked in the legal industry for over a decade and have been on the receiving end on situations like this.

Please be careful.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd suggest that you be very careful regarding use of the Rivian compass trademark. Best case scenario is that you'll get a cease and desist letter in the mail. Worst case is that you'll get served as the first step to pending litigation. The attorney's fees to just respond will likely cost more than any profits from the sales of products.

They can actually draw everything out without proceeding to trial in an effort to effectively bleed you. Them not doing this prior (at least publicly) could be a good thing or bad thing for you. I'd suspect the latter as they would want to show tight control to set precident.

I've worked in the legal industry for over a decade and have been on the receiving end on situations like this.

Please be careful.
Gotcha I’m not selling these. It was just for my own personal use. But I will remove the pics. Thank you for the heads up.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Gotcha I’m not selling these. It was just for my own personal use. But I will remove the pics. Thank you for the heads up.
Apologies - thought you were selling them for some reason. Non-commercial use AFAIK has long been considering acceptable. Posting STLs, etc are likely a no-go however.

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

R1S is chrome. R1T is black.
Rivian R1S Midnight Black SUV 1 copy.jpg
Ohhhh I didn't notice that before! Sure thing, that chrome needs to go but for now there are no R1S' available near me to rent...once they become more common I will do some products specifically for the R1S, chrome delete being one of them đź‘Ť

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

R1S is chrome. R1T is black.
Rivian R1S Midnight Black SUV 1 copy.jpg
It’s more of a brushed metal up close, not chrome. But still a bright accent strip that people aren’t big fans of.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Apologies - thought you were selling them for some reason. Non-commercial use AFAIK has long been considering acceptable. Posting STLs, etc are likely a no-go however.
No worries. I was wondering the same thing. I noticed the Rivian logo is all over thingaverse. Not sure how that’s legal. I 3D print battery covers for ebikes. I just printed the organizer for me when I had an open machine.
Sponsored