Sponsored

Price for additional wheel set (anyone with a guide?)

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I've asked CS in the past whether we could purchase an additional set of wheels (get the truck/suv with 20s but also get the 22s extra). I was told "You can discuss this with your guide). Seeing as I don't have a guide (and won't for another 3+ months).

Has anyone with a guide asked about purchasing a 2nd set of wheels and gotten a price (for any of the sizes)?

I realize the price will likely change with the recent pricing changes...but trying to get a ballpark....
Sponsored

OP
OP

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
IIRC i asked @Iwantatesla and he said not possible thru his guide/service.
Thanks. That is unfortunate since CS was adamant this was possible but just needed to wait to arrange with Guide on pricing. I'll probably just go with the 20ATs for both vehicles as they will do me all year (we only get a little snow, but would rather the 3 peak tires over all-seasons). Plus they look awesome - range be damned.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
CS has told me it will be possible in future to order wheels/tires through the gear shop.

Guessing that won't be for a while as they get first deliveries dealt with.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
IIRC i asked @Iwantatesla and he said not possible thru his guide/service.
Perhaps you just need to ask about buying 4 single wheels from the parts department. They shouldn't be able to refuse that.

If Rivian is refusing to sell parts, it is going to be a really big problem. "Sorry you broke that small, easy to install, should cost $10 part. Unfortunately we don't sell replacement parts so you will need to have your insurance company total the vehicle and then place an order for a new truck."

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Perhaps you just need to ask about buying 4 single wheels. They shouldn't be able to refuse that.

If Rivian is refusing to sell parts, it is going to be a really big problem.
Interesting you would think that as a Tesla owner. I know 2 people that had to wait several months to get body parts for their Tesla after minor collisions.

Rivian will be focusing on clearing the backlog of orders. Given current supply chain constraints I would not be surprised at all they are not selling wheel/tire sets Right now.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Interesting you would think that as a Tesla owner. I know 2 people that had to wait several months to get body parts for their Tesla after minor collisions.

Rivian will be focusing on clearing the backlog of orders. Given current supply chain constraints I would not be surprised at all they are not selling wheel/tire sets Right now.
I've read that they are asking people who have the 21" wheels configured to either upgrade or delay delivery, so I would not be surprised if they do not have the stock to sell extra wheels and tires right now.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
May I offer an alternative. Buying a set of wheels from Rivian (or any manufacturer/dealer directly) is usually not the best choice. The price will be ridiculous.

Wait until after a few vehicles have been delivered and there will absolutely be people swapping out their OEM wheels for something (in their mind) is better. They will usually dump their OEM wheels for cheap.

Now I understand there probably won't be a ton of OEM Rivian wheels out there immediately, but there will be if you can wait. Right now you can pick up OEM Telsa wheels for so cheap.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
May I offer an alternative. Buying a set of wheels from Rivian (or any manufacturer/dealer directly) is usually not the best choice. The price will be ridiculous.
Rims in general have always been ludicrously expensive. However, although I can skip out on getting the off-road 20" Pirellis and get what might possible be better off-road AT EV tires, I am highly interested in the Rivian rims for these tires.

OP
OP

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
20" Tire Weighs 48lbs
21" and 22" Tire weighs 37lbs.
Those full size spares in the back of the R1T will be a beast. Especially the AT rim and tire.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
I see an electric hoist option in our future. Mounts to the crossbar mount on the passenger side and plugs in to the 110 outlet. ?
Sponsored