Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
A friend of mine had basically a similar result with his Jeep Gladiator. When he placed his preorder he was the first in his county and still had to sit and watch other people come and pick up Gladiators off the lot (not even reserved one's) because he ordered a base model.

The most expensive builds almost always ship first with cars.

That was also the case when I preordered my Taurus SHO many years ago.
Sponsored

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
I just got an email from Rivian. I asked them when will the configurator will be available since we know that the deliveries will start June of next year and she responded:

"Thanks for reaching out, we appreciate your interest. We are looking forward to the launch our vehicle configurator later this year. Our preorder community will get exclusive, early access! Within the configurator, you’ll be able to customize our Electric Adventure Vehicles with your favorite color, trim level, battery pack options, and more. You’ll also be able to see pricing and the delivery window for your vehicle as both are heavily dependent on your unique configuration. We expect deliveries to follow, beginning in 2021! Hope this helps."

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Thanks for sharing this. I am eagerly waiting to see the configurations and add-ons/packages. Do you guys think they will charge for FSD like Tesla does?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Thanks for sharing this. I am eagerly waiting to see the configurations and add-ons/packages. Do you guys think they will charge for FSD like Tesla does?
It is possible they will charge, but near certain that they sell it for $5K+ per vehicle many years before they can deliver it.
They have said that all vehicles will be hardware capable out of the gate.
Sponsored