First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I just got an email from Rivian. I asked them when will the configurator will be available since we know that the deliveries will start June of next year and she responded:

"Thanks for reaching out, we appreciate your interest. We are looking forward to the launch our vehicle configurator later this year. Our preorder community will get exclusive, early access! Within the configurator, you’ll be able to customize our Electric Adventure Vehicles with your favorite color, trim level, battery pack options, and more. You’ll also be able to see pricing and the delivery window for your vehicle as both are heavily dependent on your unique configuration. We expect deliveries to follow, beginning in 2021! Hope this helps."
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Still consistent with what we've been hearing of late.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
Our preorder community will get exclusive, early access!
I’m wondering how that would work? Will it open up to everyone who has a reservation, or a limited group, depending on when the deposit was made? Perhaps those who went through this process with Tesla can shed some light on how the configurator will work. Thanks!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I’m wondering how that would work? Will it open up to everyone who has a reservation, or a limited group, depending on when the deposit was made? Perhaps those who went through this process with Tesla can shed some light on how the configurator will work. Thanks!
I think that if you have placed the $1K deposit, they let you play with the configurations.
I'm sure every possible combination will be explored, documented and published almost immediately by those with access.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Later this year doesn’t sound soon !:fingerscrossed:

1596760756185.gif
It is or can be soon under varying definitions of soon. Also, 2+2=5 for varying definitions of 2 and possibly 5.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Later this year doesn’t sound soon !:fingerscrossed:

1596760756185.gif
They’ve been saying “Later this years” and “Late summer” interchangeably since like June. I’m still putting my money on September at this point

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Configurator was originally announced to be available "late 2019"...whoops.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I wondering if they might time it to be released with the premiere of "Long Way Up" on September 18th? That might create a lot of good press..... but maybe it's also just wishful thinking....

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
Do we know a rough breakdown of the 50K or so per-orders, how many are R1T vs R1S for configuration?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Still would like a test drive before going too deep in the configurator- there are too many options I’d like to see in person before making choices — chief among them interior colors, how the electrochromatic roof strikes me, and what the seats feel like. Also the infotainment system setup. Not having that hands-on knowledge makes choosing configurations frustrating.

Rob P

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2014 BMW 650 convertible, 2014 Mercedes C class wife, 4 Dodge Rams trucks for work
Occupation
Own a Landscape and Christmas decorating company
So I wonder if you could play around with different configurations to see what configuration will expedite delivery ? Hopefully Rivian will give us a some sort of guideline on which trims will be first produced

OP
OP
Babbuino

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
So I wonder if you could play around with different configurations to see what configuration will expedite delivery ? Hopefully Rivian will give us a some sort of guideline on which trims will be first produced
Thats exactly what the rivian rep told me. We should be able to see the expected delivery date [ prob a range of dates] depending on the vehicle options with the configurator.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It's possible that getting configuration info from reservation holders will help define what they build first.
Some people will have great flexibility and will configure as needed to get one sooner. Others will have budgetary or other needs that dictate a little less flexibility.
Sponsored