Sponsored

Preferred phone as a key setting? Knees getting jammed!

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
On multiple occasions when my wife and I are using the rivian it seems to more often than not defer to her phone for seat settings as we walk up to it, or if she is sitting in the car and i run in to a store and come back, or vs versa, if I am sitting in the car and she walks back (the worst scenario as this one jams me in to the dash). It is quite annoying. Has anyone experienced something similar or know if there is a way to set a preferred phone as a key when two are present? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. Thanks!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Flip any of the switches on the side of the seat to stop the automatic adjustment. I've only once had it pick up my wife's settings and it was because she got to the truck way before I did. Usually doesn't happen.

Never had it doing it while I was already sitting in the seat though, that sounds like a software bug to me. Truck shouldn't automatically change positions if the presence sensor is active.

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
I saw another post about this somewhere on the interwebs. I think that user says they had their wife sign out of the app. Probably something that needs to be reported to customer service or guide so they can do a fix.

Just got my truck recently and I cut the issue off by failing to mention to the misses that it is possible to share PAAK. ;)

OP
OP

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Flip any of the switches on the side of the seat to stop the automatic adjustment. I've only once had it pick up my wife's settings and it was because she got to the truck way before I did. Usually doesn't happen.

Never had it doing it while I was already sitting in the seat though, that sounds like a software bug to me. Truck shouldn't automatically change positions if the presence sensor is active.
Thanks, that's a good tip to abort when it is happening.

OP
OP

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
I saw another post about this somewhere on the interwebs. I think that user says they had their wife sign out of the app. Probably something that needs to be reported to customer service or guide so they can do a fix.

Just got my truck recently and I cut the issue off by failing to mention to the misses that it is possible to share PAAK. ;)
haha, i guess the ship has already sailed for me on that one...

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
My solution that I’ve used is just to sign my wife’s phone in as me. She still has her profile but the only key assigned to it is the card key so when she does want to drive she just needs to hit her name in the UI. After months of dealing with it I just gave up and made her phone my profile. My knees thank me

OP
OP

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
My solution that I’ve used is just to sign my wife’s phone in as me. She still has her profile but the only key assigned to it is the card key so when she does want to drive she just needs to hit her name in the UI. After months of dealing with it I just gave up and made her phone my profile. My knees thank me
This is a great idea, thanks!

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
You guys are bonkers.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
It seems like you're encountering an issue with Bluetooth connectivity between multiple phones and your Rivian vehicle.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on one of the phones.
  2. Delete the Rivian vehicle from both phones' Bluetooth connections and re-pair them one at a time.
  3. Check if the Rivian vehicle software is up-to-date and if there's an available software update.
  4. Contact Rivian customer support for further assistance.
It's possible that there is no built-in way to set a preferred phone, but the customer support team should be able to provide more information on this matter.
The Rivian is working as intended, it just is wrong about who's driving. Both phones are detected, it just picks the wrong one half the time in my case and would try and crush my knees when I sat in the driver seat as it would see my wifes phone and switch to it and not stay with my profile. Whatever algorithm they use for determining who's driving isn't the best.

OP
OP

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
The Rivian is working as intended, it just is wrong about who's driving. Both phones are detected, it just picks the wrong one half the time in my case and would try and crush my knees when I sat in the driver seat as it would see my wifes phone and switch to it and not stay with my profile. Whatever algorithm they use for determining who's driving isn't the best.
Yes, exactly. Your solution above makes sense as I am the primary driver so it is not much of a hassle for the non-primary driver to just select their profile when they get in when occasionally using the truck.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Leave your phone in the car when you run in to the store or have her close her rivian app.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
My complaint with this one is that the truck prioritizes a phone over the fob. I always use the fob, but my partner keeps their phone's BT on all the time, so the truck is constantly connecting to their phone and every time I get in while they are here, it ends up scrunching me up into their driver profile (I'm like 9 inches taller).

I've provided feedback multiple times that 2 things need to happen:

In the situation of multiple key detections, the primary driver needs to take precedence.
In the situation where a fob is present and a phone is present, the fob profile needs to take precedence.

OP
OP

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
My complaint with this one is that the truck prioritizes a phone over the fob. I always use the fob, but my partner keeps their phone's BT on all the time, so the truck is constantly connecting to their phone and every time I get in while they are here, it ends up scrunching me up into their driver profile (I'm like 9 inches taller).

I've provided feedback multiple times that 2 things need to happen:

In the situation of multiple key detections, the primary driver needs to take precedence.
In the situation where a fob is present and a phone is present, the fob profile needs to take precedence.
Or maybe they can tweak the software so you can set a primary phone, and if the truck picks up the non-primary phone there is a slight delay before setting the seat preference to allow the primary phone to come within range. Seems like that could reduce the occurrence quite a bit.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

I thought any button on the steering also works and maybe easier to push quickly. Maybe I am just thinking of “Easy entry/exit” feature. But I thought it works for both features as they both can try to kill you. Haha.
Sponsored