Powering my RV A/C

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Per Rivian’s web site and confirmed with CSR, the bed of the R1T only has 2-110 outlets. Any thoughts on why no 20 or 30 amp (TT-30R) outlet? It seems like a big missed opportunity. I’d love the ability to plug in my small camper while traveling or overnight parking.
Sponsored

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Per Rivian’s web site and confirmed with CSR, the bed of the R1T only has 2-110 outlets. Any thoughts on why no 20 or 30 amp (TT-30R) outlet? It seems like a big missed opportunity.
Not just a missed opportunity, but a mistake. Why bother at all?

AdaminFlag

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2016 Ford Expedition
Clubs

We're in the process of restoring a vintage Airstream - I've thought significantly about this, as we someday plan to tow with an R1S. Even though there is only 15amps available from the car, this should be enough continuous power for most loads, including a single high capacity (15K BTU) roof mount AC unit. What you would need is enough power for surge loads, like when the AC kicks on or if you're running anything else significant. That's solvable with a hybrid inverter with 3000 to 4000 watts of power and a decent size battery bank. Not as convenient as if the R1S had a 30 amp outlet, but doable.
Sponsored