Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Your post sure is making me glad I haven't had any issues with mine. I've been keeping my tent on the truck most of the time, hoping that some of the problems are due to heat cycling from the sun.
Sponsored

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
Your post sure is making me glad I haven't had any issues with mine. I've been keeping my tent on the truck most of the time, hoping that some of the problems are due to heat cycling from the sun.
Nice, mine came factory borked.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I love this because itā€™s what I would do if I had the truck. To take it a step further, Iā€™d like to see someone find a way to store the panels in the bed storage box. Might this be possible by disconnecting the motor and pushing/pulling the panels in/out by hand?

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
I love this because itā€™s what I would do if I had the truck. To take it a step further, Iā€™d like to see someone find a way to store the panels in the bed storage box. Might this be possible by disconnecting the motor and pushing/pulling the panels in/out by hand?

This would be much better. Maybe if the motor is disconnected or removed the panels would slide freely and you could manually pull the whole thing out and slide it in.

Enjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i
Clubs

Honestly I would have taken the extra six inches used up by the storage bay and this type of manual system over the auto system in the first place.
Keep in mind the storage for the tonneau is only a 6"x6"xBedwidth box. Everything from 6" down from the top of the bed is actually part of the gear tunnel. That's why the manual tonneau cover doesn't allow a longer bed.

Munro Live's youtube video on the tonneau issues helps illuminate this:

Sponsored

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
Keep in mind the storage for the tonneau is only a 6"x6"xBedwidth box. Everything from 6" down from the top of the bed is actually part of the gear tunnel. That's why the manual tonneau cover doesn't allow a longer bed.

Munro Live's youtube video on the tonneau issues helps illuminate this:
Ah yes, makes sense.

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I like this solution. How about attaching two panels together at a time so you can install/remove them a little quicker. They'd probably still fit in the gear tunnel that way. I've been taking special care with mine and thankfully it still works. I use it a few times a week since June and it doesn't sound healthy, but it still works after 10k miles. I have my own plan if it hiccups. After seeing the Munroe video, I may try to re-engineer it myself.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Nice, mine came factory borked.
Borked is one of my favorite words. After 10 months and I don't know how many cycles (a lot)...mine finally borked today. Thanks for the writeup, much appreciated. Will be doing this today.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Fixed this........

Rivian R1T R1S Powered to Manual Tonneau Bed Cover Conversion -- DIY how-to with photos 1680973351155
Sponsored