Sponsored

Powered running boards from AMP - Incoming?

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
A few months ago I was working with a local prototyping firm on some potential aftermarket accessories for Rivian. One of the areas I explored (briefly) was making some brackets that would allow for the attachment of the AMP Research running boards. As part of that discussion I did phone around to some of the local shops and during one of the conversations a technician who specialized in installing these boards said that he had been a trade show recently (this was in late November) where one of the AMP research guys had said they were going out with brackets for the Rivian in the not too distant future. Take this feedback with a grain of salt as this tech wasn't the friendliest person but that is what he said.

As someone who has pushed to get some aftermarket accessories into the market (I worked with Canvasback a bit to help get that accelerated) I would say don't accept the canned response from customer service. If you want to make it happen (and I'm sure your fellow Rivian owners do) take a drive down to AMP and ask to speak to someone who has some decision making authority and you might be surprised at the result. As I understand it these are simply brackets that need to be made and then tested with an actual install, not a complete redevelopment effort. I'm sure many would like to see this product in market.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Update: I turned kneel mode on and its pretty freaking great. So much easier to get in and out.

I'm pretty sure though if someone made good powered running boards I would still get them :)

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
This is the response I got last year.

Ivan H. (Truck Hero)
Jan 24, 2022, 1:00 PM EST
Hello Erik,

Thank you for reaching out to the AMP Research Technical Support team! Unfortunately, at this time, we do not offer kits compatible with the year, make and model vehicle mentioned in your email. Here at AMP Research, we are continuously developing products for new applications. Please keep an eye on the website for any future new vehicle release updates.

You can sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates on our products, events, and sales by clicking HERE.

Regards,

Ivan H.
AMP Research Customer Service

Sponsored

Riv1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Ford Explorer
I sent them a note a few weeks back too and didn't even get a response. I hope they are working on some though! Some of the aftermarket rock sliders look pretty cool but I'd prefer a true running board that makes it easy to get in. Although it's been just one day for me, I got in/out 100 times today and even with kneel I feel like I might start putting a lot of wear on the seat and side bolster.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
I had one of these back in the 90’s (not as bling as this one; rebuilt front suspension many times):

Rivian R1T R1S Powered running boards from AMP - Incoming? 939C3FCA-71B5-4287-8818-D353F6DD2FEC
Sponsored