First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Product design and manufacturing engineer
Looks great! Congrats. I'm bummed I missed the first pre-order. I hope there is another one soon.
Reservations are technically closed, but won't be officially "locked" until the mold tooling reaches the factory. I don't have an exact date for that yet so you can still email Marsha HERE to place a reservation for the first run up to that point.
Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

@BoxGods any further thoughts on your 60QT non-powered cooler that would fit in the frunk? I would be a buyer. I've been on a cooler quest for my R1S and I found this thread. The yeti 20 almost fits, but is about an inch too tall and also too small for what I'm looking for. I've got a Tesmanian soft cooler that we purchased for my wife's model Y that is about the best I have found so far, but it is not quite large enough for my needs and I'd rather have a super-insulated hard cooler. I would love to see a hard cooler that would fit in the frunk on the shelf, and also in the back area (behind the 3rd row) of my R1S. Here's the soft cooler I have: https://www.tesmanian.com/products/soft-cooler-for-tesla-model-y.
If you are still interested in producing the 60QT, would you mind creating a new post with photos and details that I could share across the various Rivian sites? I would imagine that with our growing list of owners we could get to 200 pre-orders pretty quickly...

Rivian R1T R1S Powered 40 qt Frunk Cooler and 12 gal Water Tank w/ washdown sprayer concept (by @BoxGods) IMG_1515

Rivian R1T R1S Powered 40 qt Frunk Cooler and 12 gal Water Tank w/ washdown sprayer concept (by @BoxGods) IMG_1550

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
***UPDATE*** This is a repost of the latest update email Marsha sent out

Hello everyone in the 12 gal Frunk Tank Group

Link to the forum thread:

https://rivian-aftermarket.proboards.com/post/634

It's been a while since the last update—mostly because there hasn't been a lot to report.

After spending about 3 weeks in the roto-molding factory's queue, our tank parts have finally entered production. Most of that delay was the factory taking longer than they expected bringing a new production line up to speed.

For those of you who missed the post, this is a quick phone video from the factory in AR pulling the first reference parts from our mold tooling. Be advised it is shot on a live factory floor--so quite loud. Special thanks to Jesse for taking the time to shoot and send the video.

Parts from China—the pumps, hoses, machined hatch covers, etc., are still in transit but are expected to arrive at the factory in AR any time now, depending on how long it takes to clear customs at Port of Houston.

Run rate for the tanks is about 25 per week so after discussing it with you guys in the forums, the plan is to assemble and ship 50 units every two weeks rather than waiting to ship everyone's orders all at once.

To make it as fair as possible, we will be shipping in the order reservations were placed. I will be emailing the first 50 group members from the reservation list shortly with a payment link, and to confirm your shipping information. To keep things moving as smoothly as possible and avoid being bumped into the next group, please get those emails answered ASAP.

We have decided to run an extra 40 Frunk Tank units. Anyone in the group that has already signed up for one of the other projects who also wants the 12 Gal Frunk tank will get first priority. If you're interested, please let me know.

Home stretch guys!

40 QT Cooler, Slide out Utility tray, and the Camp Kitchen.

For those of you signed up for one or more of these projects, they will be the next items to enter production as we are going to be working on all three concurrently. The development and production cycle times are different for each so they obviously won't be shipping at the same time, but fairly close—within a few months of each other. There will be individual updates for each project as we progress. Stay tuned =)

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Rivian R1T R1S Powered 40 qt Frunk Cooler and 12 gal Water Tank w/ washdown sprayer concept (by @BoxGods) jeff-unit-001.JPEG

Just a quick update now that the W[=0===0=]TR is shipping. In case any of you missed the email on the instruction manual pdf, you can find it at the link below.

https://rivian-aftermarket.proboards.com/thread/31/gallon-frunk-water-owners-manual

For those who prefer how to videos, here is a link to Jeff's You Tube channel and a playlist for his excellent W[=0===0=]TR installation videos.

He also has a few videos on the optional Seaflo 23 on demand pump you might find interesting.

We are running an extra 50 units and there are about 20-25 left for anyone who is interested. I will also be opening a new signup list for a second run if there is enough interest.

Last edited:

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
jeff-unit-001.JPEG

Just a quick update now that the W[=0===0=]TR is shipping. In case any of you missed the email on the instruction manual pdf, you can find it at the link below.

https://rivian-aftermarket.proboards.com/thread/31/gallon-frunk-water-owners-manual

For those who prefer how to videos, here is a link to Jeff's You Tube channel and a playlist for his excellent W[=0===0=]TR installation videos.

He also has a few videos on the optional Seaflo 23 on demand pump you might find interesting.

We are running an extra 50 units and there are about 20-25 left for anyone who is interested. I will also be opening a new signup list for a second run if there is enough interest.
How can i buy one?

Sponsored

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I installed mine as well. I’m tempted to buy another drunk panel to cut out the pump and filler hoses so I can have it cover the tank for a cleaner look

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
Re: buying a second frunk floor panel and cutting openings for a cleaner look… if that was done (the cut outs), would the remainder of the tank be low enough for the floor panel to sit flat like OEM placement? Waiting for delivery of my water tank from BoxGods… AND my R1T Max.

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1/2019 Preorder on MP R1T, Model S Plaid, Tacoma
Clubs

I’m looking for the same info on where to purchase. Do you have a link?

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Re: buying a second frunk floor panel and cutting openings for a cleaner look… if that was done (the cut outs), would the remainder of the tank be low enough for the floor panel to sit flat like OEM placement? Waiting for delivery of my water tank from BoxGods… AND my R1T Max.
I’d have to verify but when I quickly checked, it seemed like it did. Maybe someone else already verified?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Email Marsha at [email protected]
She will collect your info and send you square payment link. They are also in the middle of batching up orders and getting them on the way so please be patient and kind. :) Boxgods might not be awake yet.

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1/2019 Preorder on MP R1T, Model S Plaid, Tacoma
Clubs

Email Marsha at [email protected]
She will collect your info and send you square payment link. They are also in the middle of batching up orders and getting them on the way so please be patient and kind. :) Boxgods might not be awake yet.
This is the only way? I guess I’m used to ordering online without having to interact with a person to make it happen.

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
This is the only way? I guess I’m used to ordering online without having to interact with a person to make it happen.
This is 'small batch custom' stuff... think Etsy without the overhead. As a many months follower of this particular project and the other various BoxGods Rivian projects on his site in general, I am SO VERY IMPRESSED with the engineering and deep thought put into each one! So ...at least for this engineering type guy, WELL worth the effort for the ordering process.
Sponsored