First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Product design and manufacturing engineer
I don't believe I have a 12v plug in my Frunk does someone have a photo of what that would look like maybe I am over looking it???
Rivian stopped including the plug. It can be added back without TOO much trouble as the wiring is still there. Or if you are wanting the 12 gallon tank it can be run off of a small inexpensive rechargable battery available from Amazon. Smaller than your phone. We may be including them with the water tank if there are enough people that want them.
Sponsored

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Have you considered moving to something like Kickstarter or Indiegogo where you can get a bit more visibility and harder commitments? That might help make things a bit more "real." The current sign up process is a bit uncertain + relatively high friction.
We have. My feeling after talking to a lot of people and doing some research is that Kickstarter doesn't really add anything to the process except increased costs. By that I mean you still have to go out and post on all the forums and social media to get people over to the kickstarter page, people still need to sign up and got through a process etc.

We have already gotten enough people signing up to start the first two projects and my hope is that once people see those delivered they will be more comfortable with the cooler and roof rack sized projects.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Rivian stopped including the plug. It can be added back without TOO much trouble as the wiring is still there. Or if you are wanting the 12 gallon tank it can be run off of a small inexpensive rechargable battery available from Amazon. Smaller than your phone. We may be including them with the water tank if there are enough people that want them.
If the wiring is still there then maybe it could be split to wire in two 12v port for both the water and the refer... right or would that be to much amperage draw?

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
If the wiring is still there then maybe it could be split to wire in two 12v port for both the water and the refer... right or would that be to much amperage draw?
Just signed up for the cooler. Personally I believe the interest is defiantly there for the products but I understand your hesitation to take the risk to develop.

For what it’s worth, I’ve supported a few kickstarters and always liked the platform +1 on the suggestion. :)…

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
The water tank uses very little power at 1.5 amps. Total power draw for it is 25 watts. To put that in perspective, the battery in your truck would run it for 225 days or 7 and a half months. That is long enough to pump over a million gallons of water--think one and a half Olympic sized swimming pools.

Sponsored

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Just signed up for the cooler. Personally I believe the interest is defiantly there for the products but I understand your hesitation to take the risk to develop.

For what it’s worth, I’ve supported a few kickstarters and always liked the platform +1 on the suggestion. :)…
Just to be clear I don't have anything against kickstarter--I just don't think it is the best fit in this particular case.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
The water tank uses very little power at 1.5 amps. Total power draw for it is 25 watts. To put that in perspective, the battery in your truck would run it for 225 days or 7 and a half months. That is long enough to pump over a million gallons of water--think one and a half Olympic sized swimming pools.
whats the refer draw?

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Max draw is 75 w with everything going--compressor and all 4 fans.
So in theory I could get to the 12v wires that are already there and install two 12v outlets off the same wires and it could handle the draw from both devices.

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
So in theory I could get to the 12v wires that are already there and install two 12v outlets off the same wires and it could handle the draw from both devices.
Yeah but one plug is really enough as the cooler wouldn't be running constantly--much like your refrigerator at home--so you could just swap power to the water tank when you need it.

Sponsored

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
*** UPDATE ***

We are going to start taking orders and collecting deposits for the 12 gallon Frunk Tank project within the next 10 days or so. You should have received an update email by now that listed some optional items that we are thinking of including in the box. Please be aware that if you think you're signed up for the 12 gallon frunk tank but didn't get that email, we do not have you on the list--you can email Marsha to get added to the list HERE.

I've had several people ask if there will be a second production run. I am happy to do a second run at some point in the future if / when there is enough interest--IOW another 100 people signed up--but I have no way of knowing at this point if that will happen or if it does, when.

For those who are interested in any of the optional items mentioned in the update email--a portable 12v battery bank, a 25 foot sanitary fill hose, and a 3 stage water filter--that haven't responded yet, please get back to Marsha HERE ASAP as we need to make a decision on those items soon.

raiden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It has been a really long time since you guys first posted various concepts, and this thread has became pretty hard to find and follow. I would suggest you create new "read to reserve" threads specifically for the water tank on all the forums you previously posted.

I'm really excited and ready to put down deposit.

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
It has been a really long time since you guys first posted various concepts, and this thread has became pretty hard to find and follow. I would suggest you create new "read to reserve" threads specifically for the water tank on all the forums you previously posted.

I'm really excited and ready to put down deposit.
That's probably a good idea.

Rivian R1T R1S Powered 40 qt Frunk Cooler and 12 gal Water Tank w/ washdown sprayer concept (by @BoxGods) GFL-01-B

I am thrilled to report that we have crossed the 100 signup threshold for the W[=0===0]TR 12 Gallon Frunk Tank with Sprayer project and have opened up reservations with a targeted delivery date of mid to late May.

Marsha has sent out the reservation deposit email to everyone on the signup list--if you haven't gotten the email then you're not on the list and you need to EMAIL MARSHA ASAP.

Thanks to all of you guys for supporting this project--it simply wouldn't be possible without you.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Deposit placed, thanks!

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's probably a good idea.

GFL-01-B.jpg

I am thrilled to report that we have crossed the 100 signup threshold for the W[=0===0]TR 12 Gallon Frunk Tank with Sprayer project and have opened up reservations with a targeted delivery date of mid to late May.

Marsha has sent out the reservation deposit email to everyone on the signup list--if you haven't gotten the email then you're not on the list and you need to EMAIL MARSHA ASAP.

Thanks to all of you guys for supporting this project--it simply wouldn't be possible without you.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in if it's not too late. Email sent just now.
Sponsored