Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I would recommend visiting his site, he provides updates to the projects, and answers questions very quickly.
I was actually one of the first to sign up for the site - I am user #10 there.
The last project update on the cooler was 3 September 2023.
Sponsored

Utah Rivian

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Appraiser
Clubs

This is so cool!

Joseph D

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Clubs

Just because you are user #10 (not that it matters at all) does not mean that you have kept up with posts, feedback, and updates across all the projects. I don't expect any one person to do so, but I would also expect a little bit of due diligence to be done before relating any these projects to Rivian's camp kitchen on a public forum. Like I said before, he has made it clear that he is tackling projects in the order that they had support to move forward with. The first project that met those conditions was the fronk water tank, after that was the gear tunnel slide/kitchen, after that is the fridge. So far nothing is out of line with what he has been saying. In the original post that you are referencing he did give price and time RANGES (no exact dates or prices) if the interest was there at that time. The thing is, is that the sign up list breakpoints did not happen until many months later for the fridge. By the time the fridge did get enough interest 3 other projects had met their breakpoints and the fronk tank was already well into its process.

I understand that what you said was how you feel about the project, and that you feel that this project will never come around because this specific project has not had updates in a while. But you also need to understand that there are multiple projects going on that reached their interest breakpoints before the fridge did, and that he is limited in his ability to work on these projects in his spare time outside of work/family/life responsibilities as a one man crew.

No hard feelings from me, just want to give perspective as it feels like you are putting your expectations really high for a community passion project that you haven't paid anything for yet.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I would recommend visiting his site, he provides updates to the projects, and answers questions very quickly.
Just because you are user #10 (not that it matters at all) does not mean that you have kept up with posts,
The reason I mentioned it is in response to your suggestion that I visit his site - I HAVE visited the site, and I have been keeping up with the posts for 18 months now. Longer than you.

@Joseph D: I understand a lot of what you said. However, you really are jumping to a lot of conclusions about me.

That said, I personally have done hundreds of projects like this (producing an ad hoc manufactured item for a small market of 100-10000 buyers), where I was the either the only person working on the project or one of only a few working on the project. I have engineered, designed, manufactured, built websites, taken orders, shipped, and made a profit on all of these projects. So I totally understand ALL the problems and constraints that BoxGods is working under, and because of that I identify with and am very much a supporter of what BoxGods is doing.

I don't feel like I have "high expectations", just that the the thing that got a lot of us excited 18 months ago has not materialized. It's a fact. That's *exactly* like the camp kitchen. Which, BTW, I *also* think will get produced "eventually". Perhaps I'm overly *optimistic* about both ....

you feel that this project will never come around
No, I didn't say that. I do believe it will come around *eventually*, but by that point I will not need it anymore. Lost opportunity, and sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy because of course there won't be much interest in it when it eventually comes out because everyone will have moved on an bought a Dometic cooler or equivalent to keep in the bed like I did (out of necessity) rather than wait. It's disappointing, that's what I said.

Joseph D

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Clubs

The reason I mentioned it is in response to your suggestion that I visit his site - I HAVE visited the site, and I have been keeping up with the posts for 18 months now. Longer than you.

@Joseph D: I understand a lot of what you said. However, you really are jumping to a lot of conclusions about me.

That said, I personally have done hundreds of projects like this (producing an ad hoc manufactured item for a small market of 100-10000 buyers), where I was the either the only person working on the project or one of only a few working on the project. I have engineered, designed, manufactured, built websites, taken orders, shipped, and made a profit on all of these projects. So I totally understand ALL the problems and constraints that BoxGods is working under, and because of that I identify with and am very much a supporter of what BoxGods is doing.

I don't feel like I have "high expectations", just that the the thing that got a lot of us excited 18 months ago has not materialized. It's a fact. That's *exactly* like the camp kitchen. Which, BTW, I *also* think will get produced "eventually". Perhaps I'm overly *optimistic* about both ....

No, I didn't say that. I do believe it will come around *eventually*, but by that point I will not need it anymore. Lost opportunity, and sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy because of course there won't be much interest in it when it eventually comes out because everyone will have moved on an bought a Dometic cooler or equivalent to keep in the bed like I did (out of necessity) rather than wait. It's disappointing, that's what I said.

Only reason I replied is because of how you originally commented. You said that the cooler is "starting to feel like the Rivian Camp Kitchen - super cool but the company can't seem to deliver"
Considering that the rivian camp kitchen in its original form is not going to come market at all. (They are redesigning it to work with any vehicle not specifically with the truck gear tunnel) This statement to me insinuated that you didn't expect the fridge to happen since the camp kitchen is not happening(in its original form). And looking at the other responses I wasn't the only one that took it that way. So while in your head you had one thought, but in text you made your statement much more open to interpretation, which created backlash.

Expectations wise is where we differ, my expectations are lower for all there reasons I have already said prior. For example my expectations were wearing thin with for the rock sliders from EVSportline after the many delays as I view their company at a different level than BoxGoods and his projects.

The reason why I mentioned to check his site is because it hasn't even been 1 year since he posted the update that the project reached the sufficient number of support to move the fridge project forward. That post is from July 14 of last year. And yes the interest post was longer than that, but BoxGoods has made his methodology and process clear to us. Also on Jun 12 he posed in reply to someone else in the fridge product info page:
"We are going pretty much in the order they reach the signup requirements. Frunk tank hit first and is in production now. The Slide Out Utility Tray and Camp Kitchen are next and then the cooler."
This statement is what I've been basing my argument off of for context around expectations.

Lastly it doesn't matter who has been here "longer than" any one else, the point of a forum is that we can look back in time to see when things were posted and to save information for the future. But if that does matter to you, I never created my forum account until months after I got my Rivian, but I was actively browsing the reddit/forums since the early days of the announcement way before any deliveries happened. I have been following BoxGoods and his projects since day one as well. So all of the time based issues here I totally understand. Trying to make this argument of 'I was here first' is very hostile and degrading in this discussion. My original comment did not make a judgement on whether or not you have seen the site, rather a 'the info is there for any questions you have', but I can understand how it can be taken that way. And for that I apologize, it was not my intent.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
So while in your head you had one thought, but in text you made your statement much more open to interpretation, which created backlash.
Yes, I recognize that, which is why I went back and edited my post (and explicitly marked it as edited) in order to clarify my position. I had thought that quoting the text about the cooler would make it clear I was talking about the cooler and only the cooler, but I was wrong.

zgStevieD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & OneWheel XR
Occupation
Oilfield Trash
I fail to see how my post can be categorized as being a "hater".
I was one of the first to jump in and support the cooler project - scroll up.

What I said was that the cooler project "is starting to feel like the Rivian Camp Kitchen - super cool but the company can't seem to deliver".

There's nothing hating about that - it's a simple fact. This cooler project was posted 18 months ago, and that post says they had been working on it for 4 months already. And they had CAD drawings and BOM and pricing, and were ready to start producing it by Spring 2023.

I was stating my disappointment with a "super cool" project that hasn't come through in all this time.
My apologies sir or ma'am. It's just an expression and was not specifically directed at you. All I can say is... S[=0===0=]N!!! :giggle:
But if you have bought an alternate fridge-cooler, why comment at all and not just move on? 🤷‍♂️

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
But if you have bought an alternate fridge-cooler, why comment at all and not just move on?
Because I really really like what BoxGods has done! If it were available today, I would probably sell my Dometic and buy the BoxDGods one. I am just so disappointed that I don't have that option yet.

And to emphasize my point - I have purchased a Camp Kitchen alternative and am currently using it, but it's not as good as the original Rivian Camp Kitchen and there's no cost savings either. So, I'm also disappointed that I am spending more and getting less with my camp kitchen solution after waiting for four years ...

Last edited:

BoxGods

Site Sponsor
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, BMW Z3
Occupation
Product design and manufacturing engineer
***UPDATE FOR EXISTING OWNERS OF THE 12 GAL FRUNK TANK***

Rivian R1T R1S Powered 40 qt Frunk Cooler and 12 gal Water Tank w/ washdown sprayer concept (by @BoxGods) cast-01

The new SEAFLO 23 on demand pump upgrade is now available for pre-purchase. An email has gone out to all existing owners. If you missed it, you can get more information HERE.
Sponsored