Sponsored

Power Tonneau still configured. Now what?

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So after they killed the Power Tonneau I never went in and changed my config to manual. I got my delivery window yesterday and it’s a lot sooner than I thought (Feb-March 2023). My Power Tonneau still shows in my config and because the email sent yesterday states that if you update your config your delivery window will change to “processing,” I’ve not changed it. So now what? No chance I get a R1T with a power tonneau in Feb/March. So do I change it now, let my window go to “processing,” and hope my window come back after the January refresh? Or should I just keep it power tonneau in my config and hope Rivian is smart enough to offer me a manual/no tonneau come Feb/March? Has anyone updated their config to manual/no tonneau since the delivery window update yesterday? And if so, what happened?
Sponsored

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

When I got my invite to confirm my configuration back in September, my guide told me I could get the truck much sooner if I changed from manual to auto tonneau. I went ahead and changed it on the spot & had my truck 2 weeks later.
So, I think your best choice would be to wait until time to confirm your configuration.
BTW, I've had zero problems with the powered tonneau. Or the whole truck for that matter.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I chatted with customer service and the direction I got was basically leave things alone (Power Tonneau configured) and work with my guide once I have one to lock in my configuration. And leaving Powered Tonneau selected wouldn't impact my window. As such, I'm going to remain hands off my config until then. If Powered is still not an option I'll change to Manual and take delivery.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Don't Touch IT. I changed from powered to manual and my date went from Jan/Feb 2023 to the dreaded Processing Estimate.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Don't Touch IT. I changed from powered to manual and my date went from Jan/Feb 2023 to the dreaded Processing Estimate.
It's likely still the same window, it's just as soon as you alter a parameter, the system defaults to processing until the next refresh in January.

You'll still get it well before me ;)

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Yes, CS tells me it won't delay my window....but I HATE seeing it on my page :)

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

"Processing" looks way better than "January - December 2024"

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

But you live in Vancouver, so you have that going for you as a nice bonus :)
Touche

However, was doing dishes the other day, looked out my kitchen window and what did my eyes see?

The only Rivian in the city, El Cap at night... Start squealing to my wife "Look! a Rivian at the traffic light!!!!"

This is all I have to get me to 2024...25....26? but it sure was 👌

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Touche

However, was doing dishes the other day, looked out my kitchen window and what did my eyes see?

The only Rivian in the city, El Cap at night... Start squealing to my wife "Look! a Rivian at the traffic light!!!!"

This is all I have to get me to 2024...25....26? but it sure was 👌
There’s a red one And a white one around too.

a little bird at Rivian told me they’re working on scheduling Canadian events for in the new year.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's exactly why I asked before I switched to manual. Seeing my Feb-March 2023 window makes me feel good inside and I didn't want to risk losing that. That said, if we get an email around January saying they are going to reprocess estimates with data from X date, I'll switch to manual the day before. But hopefully I get a guide or shop access before that.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Weirdly enough, a bunch of Rivian lottery winners lately are those who did not switch from powered to manual…it’s tempting.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

There’s a red one And a white one around too.

a little bird at Rivian told me they’re working on scheduling Canadian events for in the new year.
I've seen the red a d green ones at the service centre in... "Vancouver area"

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well that happened a lot faster than I thought. I just got a guide and an email to confirm my configuration. However, the Power cover is still selected. I can’t even change it without my guide now. Anyone in the same boat? I setup a meeting with my guide for next week so I should know for sure soon.

Also, what is the typical time to delivery once you lock in your config?
Sponsored