Sponsored

Potentially dumb question... cross compatibility with R1T/R1S wheels?

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
Hi folks - have a reservation for both flavors of R1 right now, and currently planning to get the Offroad wheels for my R1T while we get the streets for my wife's R1S.

Based on what I've seen so far, it seems a lot like we'll be able to swap those if we're planning on off-roading with R1S. Is that... crazy, and I'm missing something? Or is this just another advantage of having a longer-hold R1T reservation? :)
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They’re the same platform. Same everything.

both Are R1. Built on the same line.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Swap away!!! No issues

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
They’re the same platform. Same everything.

both Are R1. Built on the same line.
Swap away!!! No issues
Well, I'm 99.99% this is right but...

Media embargo of the R1S recently was lifted. Only a small number of reviews released, none that I know of where they took anything apart.

We can assume everything is the same, but it is also possible something like the hub diameters may be slightly different. The R1S is 17" shorter too.

Like I said, 99.99% sure but I don't think there's any definitive info out there yet.

They're probably the same, but I I wouldn't bet my life on it :p.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Title is spot on 😂

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I'm 99.99% this is right but...

Media embargo of the R1S recently was lifted. Only a small number of reviews released, none that I know of where they took anything apart.

We can assume everything is the same, but it is also possible something like the hub diameters may be slightly different. The R1S is 17" shorter too.

Like I said, 99.99% sure but I don't think there's any definitive info out there yet.

They're probably the same, but I I wouldn't bet my life on it :p.
You’re joking, yes?
they are different lengths of the same platform.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
We're planning to do this very thing (if I keep the T, that is). My T has the 21s, wife's S LE will have the 22s, and we'll swap them. She will curb the shit out of the 22s, but I want them.

They will certainly fit, but I do wonder if there needs to be some calibration and alignment for them to be ideal. It would also be nice if Rivian let you select the wheels through the infotainment to adjust the speedometer, range estimates, graphics, etc. Right now it requires a tech to reprogram.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We're planning to do this very thing (if I keep the T, that is). My T has the 21s, wife's S LE will have the 22s, and we'll swap them. She will curb the shit out of the 22s, but I want them.

They will certainly fit, but I do wonder if there needs to be some calibration and alignment for them to be ideal. It would also be nice if Rivian let you select the wheels through the infotainment to adjust the speedometer, range estimates, graphics, etc. Right now it requires a tech to reprogram.
22” and 21” are same overall diameter. Shouldn’t have to make any adjustments.
Sponsored