Sponsored

Potential place in production/delivery line!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Question really is who here gets the first contact from a Rivian Guide and will it be on May 1st?
I am guessing that it will be no earlier than May 3, since May 1 is a Saturday.
Sponsored

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I also wonder if they'll assign guides in May to all reservation holders, only LE reservations, or only the select few getting their LE first. Maybe you'll only be contacted by your guide when your turn in line is closer.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Maybe you'll only be contacted by your guide when your turn in line is closer.
That's my guess. Whenever its time finalize your order a guide will contact you. This way they will only need 10 guides in May and 50 by December, Just a WAG on the numbers obviously.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I wonder where the Max battery pack orders will slot in. Some LE or early order folks may switch to the Max moving newer LE pre-order people up for a quicker delivery this year. Or they may not, meaning Max pre-orders will ship quicker at the start of the year with fewer pre-orders... hmmm.

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

One thing I've been thinking about recently is how many LE vehicles they planned to produce. I know may have tried determining a ratio but after looking the reservation page again I don't think Rivian has a set number limit on LE models individually. My reasoning is this, If you have a LE reservation for a specific model, Rivian will allow you to change your model and you'll still have a LE. That to me makes me believe they instead have a combined total they plan to produce and not a set number for each model. If they "sold out" of each LE model then you'd imagine they wouldn't allow you to change your model as there are not any remaining.

If this particular idea has been discussed elsewhere I apologize. Of course I could be completely wrong and they are allowing model switching because in the end the number of reservations switching back and forth are for the most part cancelling each other out. Who knows ?‍♂

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I also wonder if they'll assign guides in May to all reservation holders, only LE reservations, or only the select few getting their LE first. Maybe you'll only be contacted by your guide when your turn in line is closer.
I have pre-order on R1T Max... I asked the same thing since it’ll be into 2022 at least before I get a truck. Would I be contacted by a Rivian guide? the CS said yes sometime in May. I was thinking not until 2022.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
One thing I've been thinking about recently is how many LE vehicles they planned to produce. I know may have tried determining a ratio but after looking the reservation page again I don't think Rivian has a set number limit on LE models individually. My reasoning is this, If you have a LE reservation for a specific model, Rivian will allow you to change your model and you'll still have a LE. That to me makes me believe they instead have a combined total they plan to produce and not a set number for each model. If they "sold out" of each LE model then you'd imagine they wouldn't allow you to change your model as there are not any remaining.

If this particular idea has been discussed elsewhere I apologize. Of course I could be completely wrong and they are allowing model switching because in the end the number of reservations switching back and forth are for the most part cancelling each other out. Who knows ?‍♂
Obviously they will have up to 2 months of R1Ts before R1Ss, so that means those have a head start. Once they get to August, then they could produce mostly R1S and end up with more of those shipped as LEs. They should should be able to produce the bodies on demand, even if people are switching models.

For numbers, Bloomberg states 800 per week, if they could do that on average for the rest of the year, then that would be up to 24,800 vehicles, if they started producing the first week of June. That seems like an optimistic number, and i actually doubt they have that many LEs reserved.

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

For numbers, Bloomberg states 800 per week, if they could do that on average for the rest of the year, then that would be up to 24,800 vehicles, if they started producing the first week of June. That seems like an optimistic number, and i actually doubt they have that many LEs reserved.
Agreed, that seems incredibly optimistic. I think its more in the range of 10,000 combined LE vehicles. 800 per week seems more feasible by the end of the year after a steady production ramp. I think that still may be high, but doable.

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
They should should be able to produce the bodies on demand, even if people are switching models.
More than just a different body, wheelbase (and therefore skateboard) are different:

Rivian R1T R1S Potential place in production/delivery line! 1616693169659

Rivian R1T R1S Potential place in production/delivery line! 1616693223007

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Agreed, that seems incredibly optimistic. I think its more in the range of 10,000 combined LE vehicles.
I agree as well, I would expect it to be closer to 10K combined LE vehicles.

I think delivery logistics are going to constrain them more than production especially in the beginning and would assume they planned around that for the LE cutoff so they could meet the 2021 deliveries.

Sponsored

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
That should be it. I ordered 5 days earlier than you and mine is #2,9xx

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
That number is only part of the picture. They have stated that build configurations, delivery locations, as well as other factors come into play for the build queue.

It really s not likely to come up with likely delivery date without understanding all of the other factors that have not been shared.

On another note, Tesla Started the Model S deliveries in Q3 of 2012 and did not pass 5000 deliveries until Q2 2013 so they were only averaging between 550 and 600 a month for the first 3+ quarters.
Sponsored