Not for vehicles purchased in 2021?
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Making it apply to the configured price would be weird, because what would stop a manufacturer from just selling upgrades as a separate charge? Like, "we only sell base R1Ts for 70k, but incidentally, if you'd like us to make some upgrades to your vehicle before it leaves the factory we can do so after order completion".

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Not for vehicles purchased in 2021?
Correct. All the more reason for those of you with launch editions to take delivery ASAP.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Is lifting the 200k vehicle limit still part of the intent of the bill? That’s a pretty big deal because it means a Tesla Model Y is suddenly $10k cheaper with the new incentives.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Yes (it is number two on the bullet point list of the original post).
D’oh! My eyes went straight to the bullets with $$$ and completely ignored that one ?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Well I guess I'm ready just in case the Rebate law changes......
Rivian R1T R1S Potential Change to $7,500 EV Tax Credit Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 9.29.30 AM

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've never really liked that removable options are considered part of MSRP since the cost of registration is based on the MSRP value of the vehicle. If I get the Camp Kitchen it's going to cost me an extra $38 a year in registration.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The Rivian I really want:
Max Pack, Adventure Package w/OC interior, 20" AT w/spare, Canyon Red, charger, cross-bars for $88,050 ($88,050 after rebates)

Compromise to get rebate:
Max Pack, Explorer Package, 21" stock wheels, Canyon Red for $79,000 ($69,000 after rebates). I can get the spare, charger, cross-bars separately so I don't get over $80k.

The wheels I might be able to sell and buy aftermarket 20" ATs. The paint and battery is something I can never change, so might as well get it. The downgraded stereo, interior, tonneau is just something I'll have to live with since the price difference is so huge.

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
They need to create a software post-sale option. Vehicle price capped at whatever arbitrary number Congress dreams up. Post sale, pay $x and the vehicle system now includes all the toys.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Loss of the federal tax credit would make the GMC Hummer EV more appealing to me, tbh.

I hope they drop the $80k provision. Any EV sale is better than an ICE sale, so they should encourage EVs as much as possible.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Considering the limited supply of Rivian accessories will likely be going to new purchases, I'd think twice about not getting the "Rivian" only type things like cross bars, kitchen, etc. if its something that you want and will just get after you purchase. But hopefully by 2022, there will be answers to this.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

At the rate legislation currently makes its way through congress, not likely for vehicles purchased this decade.
What planet have you been on lately? Congress can pass Multi-Trillion Dollars legislation inside of a few weeks (or days) when the "political wind" is behind them. Now they're inclined to set aside bipartisanship (or the façade of it) and leap to abusing the Reconciliation rule to pass it on a 50:50 + 1 V.P. vote.

If this language is part of the "Infrastructure bill" then right now, the political wind (and will) has gone from gale-force to just breezy with Inflation on the horizon. Even though it's 18-mo.s away, Congress-people, using woke term, can already sense a rising distaste for the outlandish spending, both actual and proposed post-Covid.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
They need to create a software post-sale option. Vehicle price capped at whatever arbitrary number Congress dreams up. Post sale, pay $x and the vehicle system now includes all the toys.
I think there are multiple ways to work around the limit. MSRP = manufacturer suggested retail price, not the sale price that the taxpayer ends up paying. So Rivian can "suggest" that their max pack R1's are all under 80k and still charge you more for it. You can put $80k as the MSRP on the tax credit form and not be wrong, and still get the credit.

It's a really silly arbitrary cutoff for sure, a sliding scale would have been much better.
Sponsored