Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

... would be nice. What gives?
Someone needs to inform them the silence period is over and they need to start talking publicly...

Rivian R1T R1S Post-IPO public communications Crickets
Sponsored

Scooter8511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Fusion, '16 Colorado, '98 S10 ZR2 pickup
I don't know much about IPOs, but I've seen statements similar to the following a lot:

"With an IPO, the quiet period stretches from when a company files registration paperwork with U.S. regulators through the 40 days after the stock starts trading."
- first google search result for "IPO quiet period".

I'm not sure the silence period is over.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
Yep, silent period is most likely not over. And given that we're up against end of year and holidays, I'm really not expecting to hear anything meaningful until mid/late January when they issue a quarterly report or statement for end of year or 4th qtr '21.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

We'll get more info when they have their first quarterly report.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

how convenient the IPO timing with a 40-day post period of continued silence... takes them pretty much through end of 2021 and breezes right past all the year-end commitments made without having to say a peep publicly. Not a conspiracy but makes for the perfect excuse

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
With the RIVN stock coming back to earth, I would suspect some sort of announcement on it's way, to stir up the excitement again, s-OO-n

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I have an early Rivian R1S (Launch Edition) reservation and an early Lucid Grand Touring reservation. I've heard nothing from Rivian, and honestly I don't have a lot of confidence I'll get my R1S in the next 6 months.

Monday, my Lucid Delivery Advisor spoke with me for an hour to finalize my build, setup delivery location, and discussion payment. My Lucid is now locked and will be headed into production in the next 2 months. There are also numerous people on the Lucid forum who have already taken delivery, and several more who are having cars delivered over the next few weeks.

3 months ago I told my wife that I was pretty confident we would end up with the R1S before the Lucid, and now it's quite the opposite. I'm getting concerned about the complete lack of communication from Rivian. The IPO isn't an excuse to stop talking to their customers.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
With the RIVN stock coming back to earth, I would suspect some sort of announcement on it's way, to stir up the excitement again, s-OO-n
They can't announce anything new basically.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
More bad news for you: pretty sure that the end of the IPO quiet period will overlap with the new quiet period that kicks in prior to their first scheduled earnings announcement. The joys of being a public company.

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

They aren't prohibited from providing a status update on the already disclosed target 1,000 R1T deliveries by EOY and agree with manitou202 that the quiet period doesn't prevent them from customer communications about their "in production" product and pre-orders. That being said I do think LE holders will be given delivery timeframes by the end of the month though whether it will reflect a delay in when all LE deliveries are completed is anybody's guess. Earlier this month, my "vehicleID" value changed (this is different than order number and appears to be assigned once a configuration is "soft locked") so I am thinking they did a recalculation of production/delivery order and are validating it before sending the notifications.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
They aren't prohibited from providing a status update on the already disclosed target 1,000 R1T deliveries by EOY and agree with manitou202 that the quiet period doesn't prevent them from customer communications about their "in production" product and pre-orders. That being said I do think LE holders will be given delivery timeframes by the end of the month though whether it will reflect a delay in when all LE deliveries are completed is anybody's guess. Earlier this month, my "vehicleID" value changed (this is different than order number and appears to be assigned once a configuration is "soft locked") so I am thinking they did a recalculation of production/delivery order and are validating it before sending the notifications.
Spot on. Quiet periods do not prevent companies from communicating with their customers, especially about their orders. It's just an excuse.

I just ordered some Allbirds. They IPO'd about a week before Rivian. I've received multiple updates about my order. I talked to customer service about my expected shipping date. They let me know exactly when I can expect my order, and whether or not it will be here in time for my trip. I assure you they made no reference to not communicating with me due to their IPO.

Rivian can, and should, be doing the same for their customers. Quite period is not a valid reason to stop talking to your pre-order holders.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Since Rivian's Quiet period expiration is on 12/20, maybe it will be like an early Christmas present with all of the information we will hear! :clap:

I am allowed to dream. :fingerscrossed:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Oh, thought the excitement would have been stirred by that one fast charger on Rivian's campus? Be still my heart....

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
They can't announce anything new basically.
Yeah I don't think Rivian is going to make any meaningful announcement any time soon, but I would expect another slew of reviews and or another round of customer delivery social media posts.
Sponsored