Sponsored

Post from COO of Snow Peak (Rivian Camp Kitchen)

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've actually been taking accessories off of my LE preorder. It looks like the tax credit is only good for vehicles $74k and lower. Over 74k, no tax credit. Bummer . . Looks like I'm losing the skid pads and tow hooks and I'll get a spare wheel/tire later as well.
That's a proposed policy change. As of now you still get a full EV credit when over 74k. And even if it were to be enacted as is, it may not take effect immediately; you may have your Rivian before it comes into effect.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I've actually been taking accessories off of my LE preorder. It looks like the tax credit is only good for vehicles $74k and lower. Over 74k, no tax credit. Bummer . . Looks like I'm losing the skid pads and tow hooks and I'll get a spare wheel/tire later as well.
Seems unwise to change what youā€™re buying when the rules for the credit arenā€™t yet changed.

luckily(?) for me, where I live there are no EV incentives whatsoever. So may as well tick all the boxes that look neat ?

Last edited:

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
That's a proposed policy change. As of now you still get a full EV credit when over 74k. And even if it were to be enacted as is, it may not take effect immediately; you may have your Rivian before it comes into effect.
Well, who knows what policy will be in effect whenever it is I get my R1T. Zero communication from Rivian on delivery date for my order. I sure hope their truck is better than their communication is to all the people who put deposits down years ago.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well, who knows what policy will be in effect whenever it is I get my R1T. Zero communication from Rivian on delivery date for my order. I sure hope their truck is better than their communication is to all the people who put deposits down years ago.
There's actually quite a bit of communication on timeline for LE-holders. The current guidance is that all LE holders will receive a delivery date by Thanksgiving and that they expect to deliver all LEs by next spring.

It's recent buyers that haven't gotten much communication, but I think they're still holding to being able to fulfill all current preorders by the end of 2022.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
There's actually quite a bit of communication on timeline for LE-holders. The current guidance is that all LE holders will receive a delivery date by Thanksgiving
This is slightly inaccurate. They said that they will all be contacted by Thanksgiving. Nobody that we know of has a firm date yet, just a broad range.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Weird, I swear I clicked on a thread about the Camp Kitchenā€¦

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
Camp kitchen looks and sounds awesome. No brained add to my preorder (btw no one has a confirmed order placed yet... You have only placed refundable money down to be in line to order something some day in the future).

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
How much loss of zero to 60 time can I anticipate losing by adding the camp kitchen with the Snow Peak set? .1? .5? Also, how much rattling noise from the egg beater can I anticipate over washboard?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

How much loss of zero to 60 time can I anticipate losing by adding the camp kitchen with the Snow Peak set? .1? .5? Also, how much rattling noise from the egg beater can I anticipate over washboard?
Can you cook with the kitchen utilizing the gear tunnel access hole while going 0-60 in 3 seconds?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Can we use the onboard water tank and pump for a shower? would be easier to keep jugs of spare water in the bed and just fill the tank then have another system and pump for a camp shower. what could we use for a water heater?

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I don't think any of us would notice an acceleration loss.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
make no mistake, thereā€™s certainly still lots of margin in the accessories at their prices, which are indeed reasonable. Has me looking at crossbars even though I probably wonā€˜t put a bike rack etc on. ?

Itā€˜s also fairly typical for things to cost less when ordered with a vehicle than if purchased after the fact from the parts counter.
The prices for bike and ski mounts are not increased by Rivian. Same prices can be found from the brands online

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

dont know if anyone else will agree with me, but i think they should offer the kitchen as modular purchase where you can purchase it complete or just the module or modules you want. maybe design different pieces for different uses. I for one would be more interested in the cooktop part alone. would be cool if maybe they would make some blank modules too, where its just the blank cabinet where you can make it into whatever you need it for.
Doubt youā€˜ll be able to buy modules separately, but I have thought about whether you could remove the sink module and replace it with a refrigeratorā€¦would be super convenient since on a shuttle and plugs in right thereā€¦wonder how much room is left over in the gear tunnel with the full kitchen (Does it take the full space up)

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Doubt youā€˜ll be able to buy modules separately, but I have thought about whether you could remove the sink module and replace it with a refrigeratorā€¦would be super convenient since on a shuttle and plugs in right thereā€¦wonder how much room is left over in the gear tunnel with the full kitchen (Does it take the full space up)
I'd asked customer service previously a similar question and the stove and sink take up the entire length.
Sponsored