Sponsored

Post from COO of Snow Peak (Rivian Camp Kitchen)

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

I'd asked customer service previously a similar question and the stove and sink take up the entire length.
Figured as much…but I guess having a fridge in the frunk isn’t too bad since it can plug in there as well.
Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'd asked customer service previously a similar question and the stove and sink take up the entire length.
The water tank is a separate/third module but I'm not sure if I've seen what the module looks like since it's usually still in the tunnel when the kitchen is out e.g.:

Rivian R1T R1S Post from COO of Snow Peak (Rivian Camp Kitchen) Screenshot from 2021-09-23 00-27-33

The stove and sink modules look the same size but I'm not sure if the water module is also that size, which is to say I'm not sure if the tunnel accommodates 3x "tunnel module units" (TMUs?), which would make any three modules compatible with each other, or if they intend to have fuzzy sizing. I'd much prefer a standard module size that you can mix and match with over arbitrarily sized modules.

This raises a question in my mind though: can the water tank be (easily) refilled while the kitchen is out? Presumably it being on the far side makes it easy to refill by just removing the whole tank from the other side of the gear tunnel. But if the shuttle can't be fully pulled out one side (thus exposing the whole tank for removal) then I'd imagine refilling it without packing up the kitchen would be sketchy (gallons of water poured through an access hole somewhere?).

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The water tank is a separate/third module but I'm not sure if I've seen what the module looks like since it's usually still in the tunnel when the kitchen is out e.g.:

Screenshot from 2021-09-23 00-27-33.png

The stove and sink modules look the same size but I'm not sure if the water module is also that size, which is to say I'm not sure if the tunnel accommodates 3x "tunnel module units" (TMUs?), which would make any three modules compatible with each other, or if they intend to have fuzzy sizing. I'd much prefer a standard module size that you can mix and match with over arbitrarily sized modules.

This raises a question in my mind though: can the water tank be (easily) refilled while the kitchen is out? Presumably it being on the far side makes it easy to refill by just removing the whole tank from the other side of the gear tunnel. But if the shuttle can't be fully pulled out one side (thus exposing the whole tank for removal) then I'd imagine refilling it without packing up the kitchen would be sketchy (gallons of water poured through an access hole somewhere?).
The fill port is likely on the far side of the water module. Open driver side gear tunnel door, and you can get to it. it’s likely you can also remove it from that side to fill.

can sort of see the end of the tank here:
Rivian R1T R1S Post from COO of Snow Peak (Rivian Camp Kitchen) 1632399839561

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2022-rivian-r1t-gear-tunnel-review
Sponsored