Sponsored

Possibly first R1S delivered (probably to an employee)

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. ?

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Can any of you sloths figure out who's this is???

Really want to believe this. But, hard to believe when they haven’t done any of the “official” emails with more details like they did with the R1T. Still waiting for that detailed interior overview email. Detailed interior pictures. Etc.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Really want to believe this. But, hard to believe when they haven’t done any of the “official” emails with more details like they did with the R1T. Still waiting for that detailed interior overview email. Detailed interior pictures. Etc.
Excellent point. I'm waiting on an R1T but will admit Rivian is kinda treating the R1S as an after thought in a lot of respects.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
If they did deliver one… You have to wonder why they still wont release that interior info. Maybe the legroom and 3rd row ingress system are not that impressive? Anyway, I really hope Ill end up in an R1S this summer… but I have 3 other trucks on order just in case the pattern of bad news at the last minute continues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
This confirms I am sticking to the 22s. They are made for the R1S.

Wonder if this will be the 1 R1S delivered that will be reported today in the earnings report !

Last edited:

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Ohhhh, boy!

For what it's worth, when I was talking to CS on Tuesday, he seemed to be heavily implying (without saying anything directly ?) that the R1S info will drop this month. Doubt they're going to do much during the holidays, but there's still half the month. I'll take it.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Although I do have to wonder. I know there's a current media frenzy around the R1T. But it's quiet on the R1S front. Are they just that uncertain about the R1S ramp rate, and don't want to get people's hopes up? Don't want to cannibalize the spotlight from older brother?

If I were Rivian, I'd be shoving these down the throats of media outlets to get even more brand recognition and accolades. Carpe diem, and all that.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

My guess is this isn't real. With how they promoted the R1T and won all these awards, my guess is they would wait until the new year to release any R1S, so that it would be in the running for awards next round and make all sorts of headlines.

Seeing one in the public is one thing, knowing it is a production vehicle is another.
Sponsored