SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I just watched the Long Weekend video and noticed something missing vs the model showed in the previously posted Patagonia the LA video. I grabbed a screenshot below to highlight the feature, and you can see what I'm talking about throughout the Patagonia to LA video from a few different angles.

At first it reminded me of deployable running boards, but the more I look at it I think it may be the underbody skid plate. What do you think? I haven't seen it on any other vehicles, but maybe I'll now have to go back and look.

1614113794277.png

Advertisement

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
This came up back when the Patagonia to Now video first came out. While we don't know anything 100%, I am fairly certain this will be an extra cost accessory. If it were part of the Adventure package "reinforced underbody shield" I would have expected it to show up in the configurator just like the front bumper tow hooks which appear/disappear when switching between Adventure/Expore packages.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Goldwing
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
This came up back when the Patagonia to Now video first came out. While we don't know anything 100%, I am fairly certain this will be an extra cost accessory. If it were part of the Adventure package "reinforced underbody shield" I would have expected it to show up in the configurator just like the front bumper tow hooks which appear/disappear when switching between Adventure/Expore packages.
Lots of manufacturer's have incomplete visuals in their configurators.

Barring evidence to the contrary, I'd assume that's the skid plate that's part of the Adventure package.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
Given that the truck in the Long Weekend video had the front tow hooks, it clearly had the Off-Road Upgrade and therefore the "reinforced underbody shield". This would be additional evidence that the rock rails/sliders, running boards or whatever they end up being are an accessory item.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Goldwing
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Given that the truck in the Long Weekend video had the front tow hooks, it clearly had the Off-Road Upgrade and therefore the "reinforced underbody shield". This would be additional evidence that the rock rails/sliders, running boards or whatever they end up being are an accessory item.
Maybe. You could be right.

Consider, however, that Rivian has "removed" a lot of features, and they have probably made several permutations of R1Ts with configurations that will not exactly match what goes to production.

Advertisement

Advertisement