Sponsored

Possible Accessory Costs - How much will my R1T really be?

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

• Crossbars will likely be at least $300/set of 2 (more for the cab height ones for the R1T bed if they offer them). Toyota gets $315 on the RAV4 set. Audi gets $500. Land Rover gets $576 (+$1,400 for the rails to attach them to).
  • The OEM tire tire alone will be be $400-$500, a spare with the wheel likely $750+ (more for the black wheels)
  • Could be in the ballpark on the tent
Totally agree my numbers on the crossbars and spare tire could be/probably are low. Its just my hope that they'll be somewhere in that range.
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Totally agree my numbers on the crossbars and spare tire could be/probably are low. Its just my hope that they'll be somewhere in that range.
Rivian is positioning themselves as a lifestyle brand. Affordability is fairly far down on the list. Generic items like crossbars will be closer to the aftermarket price than halo items that are truly unique (like the camp kitchen).

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Rivian is positioning themselves as a lifestyle brand. Affordability is fairly far down on the list. Generic items like crossbars will be closer to the aftermarket price than halo items that are truly unique (like the camp kitchen).
I completely agree. When you think about accessories, there are some items where you're looking to make a good profit margin like the camp kitchen and the other halo items. Then there are the other items where you want your customers to buy from you and not a 3rd party. So you're willing to make very little profit on those items in hopes that the customer spends more with you and keeps coming back to you. In the beginning, they'll probably charge more for accessories because there will be no aftermarket items right away. As more aftermarket items become readily available I could see the pricing on some items come down. But that'll probably be a few years down the road.

Or they'll keep their prices high because there will always be those customers who are willing to pay more for the official item. There are times I could definitely count myself in that camp.

OP
OP
njcoach24

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
With the cost of the camp kitchen being so high I too have concerns on how expensive their additional accessories may be. Hopefully they will be reasonably priced. My best guess is as follows:
Crossbars - $200 per set
Spare Tire - $500
Tent - $2000
LE T-shirt - Free at delivery ?
  • Crossbars will likely be at least $300/set of 2 (more for the cab height ones for the R1T bed if they offer them). Toyota gets $315 on the RAV4 set. Audi gets $500. Land Rover gets $576 (+$1,400 for the rails to attach them to).
  • The OEM tire tire alone will be be $400-$500, a spare with the wheel likely $750+ (more for the black wheels)
  • Could be in the ballpark on the tent
If the crossbars are only $200 then that's an amazing price, imo. I'd buy two sets at that price.

I was hoping for $300-400 and wouldn't be surprised if they're $500-900.
So best guess on a full set of 4 crossbars may be around 1K extra on the low end and 2K at most. I know what's another 1 or 2K at 75K but I wanted other things too. If camp kitchen wasn't 5K but more like 1-2K I'd be all over that and I want a RT Tent and I know that will be another 1-2K either through Rivian or iKamper. Maybe they'll throw LE orders free crossbars & a camp kitchen???

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Luckily we get a trailer hitch included.

Have you seen the price of adding a trailer hitch to a BMW X5 or SUV??

Last edited:

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
I originally heard the T-shirt was going to come with two arm holes and a head hole. It has been updated to have only one arm hole as the cost to manufacture was too expensive. CS said more information was coming.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Luckily we get a trailer hitch included. Have you seen the price of adding a trailer hitch to a BMW X5 or SUV??
Yep. Volvo wants $1,500-2,000 to add a hitch to an XC60/90, for example.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I originally heard the T-shirt was going to come with two arm holes and a head hole. It has been updated to have only one arm hole as the cost to manufacture was too expensive. CS said more information was coming.
I'd give up both sleeves, as long as it comes in Launch Green.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
My big question is topper. I want one for many reasons. What do those run on the nicer trucks and anyone heard anything about them? Early on a patent suggested easy switching back there. I would love to know that will still be a thing. I need more yellow truck to blind and dazzle folks!

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I'm anticipating 4-500 a pair on the crossbars. Hope I'm wrong. They are pretty cool though.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I'm hoping for the free LE T-shirt to coincide with a factory tour and vehicle pickup in Normal, this June. ?

Of all the "options", knowing what the needed spare will cost us would be nice to know.
What? It doesn’t come with a spare tire? Holy crap!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

What? It doesn’t come with a spare tire? Holy crap!
Hopper, Not sure if you're pulling my leg or not, but from what we've been told, the spare will be included only if required by your state. If not required, it is an option you can elect.
Sponsored