Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Does anyone know where the current Rivian delivery staging / service center is located? I think I heard the long term center isn’t done yet (not sure if real construction has even started). I was thinking of swinging by to peak at colors
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Where is the current Rivian delivery staging / service center. I think I heard the long term center isn’t done yet (not sure if real construction has even started). I was thinking of swinging by to peak at colors
2727 St. Helens Road.

Planderson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8, VW Atlas
Occupation
Big Shoe
With a couple of us signed up for our First Drive events... anyone got any tips for some dirt road driving in or around Portland? I was going to do a quick freeway test and test some curves on Germantown road. No idea if we have any dirt/trails that I can take the truck out on nearby. Curious what y'all have planned to test during your events!
Another option just north of Germantown just before Newberry on Skyline is Cedar Street… the first part is paved, then it’s more or less gravel and dirt for about half a mile before connecting back with skyline. By no means off-roading, but something fun to splash around in the puddles and get it a bit dirty. We live right by there and it’s an adventure for most cars on that road…

Rivian R1T R1S Portland(OR) deliveries 5A607797-5BDE-4FAB-8E80-973C017EBAA0

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Does anyone know where the current Rivian delivery staging / service center is located? I think I heard the long term center isn’t done yet (not sure if real construction has even started). I was thinking of swinging by to peak at colors
I swung by this last weekend and the red they had just got delivered that morning. So if you see another canyon one let me know. I really want to see one IRL.

Also, they are there every day and super nice. I tried not to abuse their desire to be nice. But they let me in to take a few pics.

Sponsored

Seawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6, Subaru Outback
I've been in touch with @DuckTruck, and he's on board.
Proposing the first ORiviot (not sure if that will stick or not ?‍♂ ) meetup at the Drive Electric Earth Day (DEED) event in Wilsonville on April 23rd.
The event has been late coming together with a fair amount of red tape to host it on City property, but it looks like a go.
Format is owners show off their EVs and talk to the public, and as many dealers/manufacturers as we can round up will be there providing test drives (Rivian will not be doing test drives at the event).
Duck has agreed to show up with his R1T, and any and all are welcome to join and get a chance to meet like minded folks (both Rivian specific and EV enthusiasts). Historically, these events have been dominated by Tesla in numbers, but I actually think there is a fair chance that new Rivian owners could give them a run for their money.
For those waiting to see one in person, hoping that there will be a variety of colors (at least the limited number they seem to be shipping) to see side by side. I have no doubts what the main attraction of the event will be :like:

Link to register:
https://driveelectricearthday.org/event?eventid=2928
(Plug in America reviews changes before they are published so an updated description)
We might have a nice gift for the first xx (tbd) number of registered attendees and vehicle owners. No promises, but that is our intent.

If you are not near Portland, there are 100+ events around the country and hopefully some proud new owners will register to those as well to show off their new rides.
https://driveelectricearthday.org/attend
Just signed up. I'll be there! I really want to see a Rivian, even though my Explore package will be probably a year out I'm very excited.

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
Just spotted my first Rivian R1T in the flesh! Launch green on a flatbed heading East through Welches on Hwy 26….

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Another option just north of Germantown just before Newberry on Skyline is Cedar Street… the first part is paved, then it’s more or less gravel and dirt for about half a mile before connecting back with skyline. By no means off-roading, but something fun to splash around in the puddles and get it a bit dirty. We live right by there and it’s an adventure for most cars on that road…
Awesome! Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

CLayman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe
Occupation
Tech guy
With a couple of us signed up for our First Drive events... anyone got any tips for some dirt road driving in or around Portland? I was going to do a quick freeway test and test some curves on Germantown road. No idea if we have any dirt/trails that I can take the truck out on nearby. Curious what y'all have planned to test during your events!
I took my First Mile test drive this morning and they said the same to me. I *did* manage to get onto a large unpaved "parking lot", but my Guide was pretty adamant about that one. "We don't have insurance for off-road test drives (corporate line I'm sure) :)

PDXR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I drove by the staging area in Portland at 2727 St. Helens Road this weekend and took these pictures. It looks like there are 19 there. The gate was locked, so I couldn't get any closer. In theory, one of those could be mine. My guide said it was in Montana on Friday.
Rivian R1T R1S Portland(OR) deliveries IMG_1298 copy
Rivian R1T R1S Portland(OR) deliveries IMG_1299 copy
Rivian R1T R1S Portland(OR) deliveries IMG_1300 copy

Sponsored

pdxgibby

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Karmann Ghia EV, Tesla M3, eGolf, R1T, Power Hawk
Occupation
Software Engineer
I drove by the staging area in Portland at 2727 St. Helens Road this weekend and took these pictures. It looks like there are 19 there. The gate was locked, so I couldn't get any closer. In theory, one of those could be mine. My guide said it was in Montana on Friday.
IMG_1298 copy.jpg
IMG_1299 copy.jpg
IMG_1300 copy.jpg
I had my guide assigned on June 16 and got VIN 81xx on June 17. I doubt any of these are mine, but I'm still hopeful. My truck will probably be on the next shipment. Congrats and good luck to you. I live only a few miles away from the delivery center and I've changed my commute to just happen to drive by whenever I'm out and about. Definitely getting exciting in Portland.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Wow, good numbers there. I hope to see a R1S soon.

P.S I saw someone in a white R1T on HWY 30 heading west and getting off on 185th ave last night ~10:45PM. Hello, and your truck looked awesome =)

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Just a reminder for those who may have not seen the other posts: Some of us Rivian owners and s00n-to-be owners (and general fans) are meeting 6/24 at round 6:00pm (some will be there as early as 4:30pm) at Fidos / 48 North in Tigard (on 99 between 217 and I-5 near the Walmart EA Fast Chargers).

i am hoping to have my camping setup installed to show folks who might be interested.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Just a reminder for those who may have not seen the other posts: Some of us Rivian owners and s00n-to-be owners (and general fans) are meeting 6/24 at round 6:00pm (some will be there as early as 4:30pm) at Fidos / 48 North in Tigard (on 99 between 217 and I-5 near the Walmart EA Fast Chargers).

i am hoping to have my camping setup installed to show folks who might be interested.
Thanks for the reminder, won't get my truck until Saturday and traveling this week on business so won't be able to make it. But you folks are inspiring me to organize a meetup in Central Oregon??? Thinking Central Oregon Rivian Enthusiast (C.O.R.E) ;). Anyways, will definitely make my way up to PDX in the near future to meet everyone. Have a blast!

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
IMG_1298 copy.jpg
IMG_1299 copy.jpg
IMG_1300 copy.jpg
I'm sure the Forest Green/Forest Edge one with the 21" wheels is mine. They just haven't bothered to tell me yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: