DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hello Rivian Owners, Reservation Holders and Fans!

On Friday, April 8th, we have a get together planned at Fido's Tap House/48th North Pizzeria in Tigard. The addess is 7700 SW Dartmouth St #110, Tigard, OR 97223. The businesses share the same space and have outdoor, and a tented table area outside, in addition to indoor seating. They sit in the N.W. corner of Walmart's parking lot, which is to the N.E. of Highway 217, between Hwy 99 to the West, and I-5 to the East. Of course, feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, or both. With plenty of beer and sharp eating utensils, what could go wrong? If contemplating bringing kids, I'd encourage you to call them 503-941-5757 to let them talk you out of that.

The far side of the lot includes an ElectrifyAmerica station With 15 CCS chargers (four 350's, eleven 150's) plus one CHAdeMO plug. At lunchtime today, all looked to be functional, none were in use, and there was no ICE'ing going on.

Fido's/48th North don't open until 3:00 P.M., and I'm guessing most folks will be there at 5:00 or shortly thereafter. That said, I plan to get there early (4'ish), you know, just to make sure the beer is cold and plentiful. The menu and other pics are attached here. Fido's does Growler fills, as well. Also, as the name implies, this is a pet-friendly establishment, so feel free to bring your dogs! FWIW, I'll be leaving my cats at home....

Please feel free to respond here, or message me to share your intent, as William (on the Pizzeria side) would like an inkling as to how many we might have. The pizza and tap house sit in the far corner of the parking lot from Walmart, to your right as you enter the lot using either driveway. William tells me we should have plenty of space to park any Rivians in one location, right outside the door.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have everyone's phone number for this and future events, including the OEVA EarthDay gathering in Wilsonville on Saturday the 23rd of April, starting at 10:00 in the morning (more elsewhere here, and to follow).

While we can head to more unique and fun properties in the future (one of McMenamins' locations, perhaps), I thought we'd start here to allow anyone in need of a charge to take advantage of ElectrifyAmerica's station and the proximity to the freeway.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

(p.s. bring your Growlers to fill them, as Fido's has a great selection of brews!)

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th Screenshot_20220401-152239_Maps

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th Screenshot_20220401-152331_Maps

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 20220401_120829

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 20220401_121016

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 20220401_121654

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 20220401_121222

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 20220401_120939
Sponsored

Last edited:

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I'll definitely be there - just up the road from my house. Won't have my truck, but do have my test drive the next day.

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

I'm in! Thanks for organizing and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Thanks for organizing, I will be there if I can. Will confirm in the next day or so. Probably 75% chance I can make it as of now.

Sponsored

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Thanks for including me. I work that date and not sure if I’ll get out on time, so I’ll call it a “maybe”. If I dont make it, please keep me in the loop for the next one.
Gabe

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I should be able to make it. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I will bring my freshly PPF wrapped El Cap Granite R1T.
Very nice! I look forward to seeing that. I'll be there with my Rivian blue baby and my dog ;)

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I will definitely be there. I get off work in Hillsboro any time I want after 1:30 on Fridays, so I will likely be there early.

I'm super excited to see a R1T in person, especially the LE green.

I'm still undecided on color. I was all set on LA silver, up until 3/1 when that became the only no cost paint choice. That will make it the default color for price conscious buyers. Just like Tesla white. When I see a semi load of them on I-5, 75% of the vehicles are white. I'd rather not have a truck the same color as 75% of the other R1 vehicles.

Planderson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8, VW Atlas
Occupation
Big Shoe
Amazing that you set this up, I would love to join but we will be in Hood River that weekend. I do get to join my neighbor on a test drive on Tuesday the 12th, looking forward to seeing the truck in person.

Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Thanks for organizing, I will be there if I can. Will confirm in the next day or so. Probably 75% chance I can make it as of now.
Yup. I’ll be there!

Psee

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus rx400, Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired Military
Thanks for organizing this. I will be there. As a gesture of good will i will be more than happy to valet any of the R1’s that show up.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Count me in, Bruce. It is a haul, but totally excited to meet all you fabulous Riviots in person! I may be bouncing in anticipation as I type this. See y’all there.

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

I expect to be there. Don't have anything to show off, but thankful to the early R1T owners who will share their good fortune with the rest of us!

I might bring my GF and her son (16) who helped me remove the pool from my garage and I promised him opportunity if/when/how I take delivery of my R1S. I will call the number and determine how appropriate.

Last edited:

Drott

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 2011
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I’ll be there. Longgggg time lurker, 1/21 reservation holder, and still haven’t seen a R1T in person. Will be a perfect appetizer to my test drive on Saturday. Thanks Duck for organizing and to all for sharing their new toys.
Sponsored