Sponsored

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Bruce - You’re super top dog awesome!! Your passion for Rivian and our enthusiast/owner community shows and I just want to jump in with the others and say a big “thank you” for pulling us together. I met some really fun people yesterday and I’m looking forward to seeing our R1 collection and friendships grow.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

In the perfect follow up to last night I did my test drive to day and I'm smitten.

Took the truck onto 219 up over Chehalem Mountain and it just at those curves up.

Going to be a long couple of months waiting!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Bruce - You’re super top dog awesome!! Your passion for Rivian and our enthusiast/owner community shows and I just want to jump in with the others and say a big “thank you” for pulling us together. I met some really fun people yesterday and I’m looking forward to seeing our R1 collection and friendships grow.
GoWest!

Thank you for your very kind words. I enjoyed our conversation greatly. I had so much fun last and can't wait to do it again!

As the weather improves and more R1Ts come to Oregon and Washington, we can branch out to one of the McMenamins properties and/or any of the State Parks in either state. Lots of great places to continue the Adventure!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
This makes me SO HAPPY and SO SAD at the same time. 🥳 :confused: So happy to see the PNW Riviot Community finally getting their Rivians and joyfully getting together for meetups. Sad, because I'm still waiting for my R1T and wasn't able to make it to this gathering! Can't help but feel left out. But, my time will come, eventually. Hope to meet y'all in the near future! 🤗

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

This makes me SO HAPPY and SO SAD at the same time. 🥳 :confused: So happy to see the PNW Riviot Community finally getting their Rivians and joyfully getting together for meetups. Sad, because I'm still waiting for my R1T and wasn't able to make it to this gathering! Can't help but feel left out. But, my time will come, eventually. Hope to meet y'all in the near future! 🤗

Agreed, I think we underestimate how many of us are lurking while we wait for our own R1T. This could get to be a huge group in the next 6-9months.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Lil'O Annie,

You know you'll be invited to every one of our gatherings, no matter where or when, or what you happen to be driving. At this time of year, having a place inside made sense, but when it warms up and it's daylight until late, gathering in the great outdoors will open up all kinds of options. Camp Kitchens and frunks loaded with ice, barleys pops and fermented grape juice will supplant the need for a pizza place/taproom, although that worked out well, and will again, when dictated by the calendar.

I'm thinking about the Coast, the Gorge, Yakima (wine country!), Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams, and Silver Creek Falls, to name just a few. Hood River, Bend, Port Angeles, Newport, and many other places have ElectrifyAmerica stations that'll get us juiced while we're there.

I was lucky enough to join a childhood buddy who is part of a local Porsche group, and we had a rally yesterday. It was fun to get out on the roadways with some fine sports cars and great people, but perhaps we can find some good off-road routes that will be fun to travel, and get us to places where crowded parking areas won't be an issue.

Looking forward to finally meeting you in person!

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Had fallen off of the forums but a bit but checked back just in time to catch this. Thanks to @DuckTruck for hosting this awesome event and looking forward to future events. After seeing the R1Ts, I think I'll be selling the Model Y and 4Runner once my R1S comes to pair with a Sprinter Van. Looking forward to the next meetup! :)

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Had fallen off of the forums but a bit but checked back just in time to catch this. Thanks to @DuckTruck for hosting this awesome event and looking forward to future events. After seeing the R1Ts, I think I'll be selling the Model Y and 4Runner once my R1S comes to pair with a Sprinter Van. Looking forward to the next meetup! :)
Thanks for your kind words, and please check your messages. I just sent you a note regarding contact info. Hope to hear back from you soon and meet you at out next event!

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Well, this introvert had a great time. It was really helpful to see the colors, both interior and exterior because the photos I've seen online really pale in comparison to seeing them in person. Mountain Black is a terrible name for that color. It isn't black, it's dark charcoal. El Cap granite is also lighter in person, especially in the sunlight.

The location of the meetup was ideal for me. Fido's had such a range of taps to choose from it was difficult to pick one. The pizza was good too.

And the people, what a great bunch. Everyone was easy to talk with, and those who were kind enough to bring their trucks were great at answering questions that I'm sure they've heard multiple times already.

Now I'm even more excited to take delivery of my truck in the June-July window.

Sponsored

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

Looks like a great time, and wish I could have made it. Hopefully will be able to meet up next time you'all get together!

MikeFVF51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro RWD, VW Routan
Occupation
Retired Sales Manager
I'd love to attend the Earth Day event in Wilsonville.

MikeFVF51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro RWD, VW Routan
Occupation
Retired Sales Manager
Just confirmed my First Mile drive for April 20th. There are slots still available for that day and the 26th. Check your account if you are close. There was a new events calendar icon on the left nav area...
Is your First Mile Drive a private event? My pre-order date is 12/2021 and I'm on the fence about the R1T or R1S. Is it possible to drop by and get a gander?

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
Sorry, its a private showing...

PDXrider

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Revenue Operations
Hello Rivian Owners, Reservation Holders and Fans!

On Friday, April 8th, we have a get together planned at Fido's Tap House/48th North Pizzeria in Tigard. The addess is 7700 SW Dartmouth St #110, Tigard, OR 97223. The businesses share the same space and have outdoor, and a tented table area outside, in addition to indoor seating. They sit in the N.W. corner of Walmart's parking lot, which is to the N.E. of Highway 217, between Hwy 99 to the West, and I-5 to the East. Of course, feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, or both. With plenty of beer and sharp eating utensils, what could go wrong? If contemplating bringing kids, I'd encourage you to call them 503-941-5757 to let them talk you out of that.

The far side of the lot includes an ElectrifyAmerica station With 15 CCS chargers (four 350's, eleven 150's) plus one CHAdeMO plug. At lunchtime today, all looked to be functional, none were in use, and there was no ICE'ing going on.

Fido's/48th North don't open until 3:00 P.M., and I'm guessing most folks will be there at 5:00 or shortly thereafter. That said, I plan to get there early (4'ish), you know, just to make sure the beer is cold and plentiful. The menu and other pics are attached here. Fido's does Growler fills, as well. Also, as the name implies, this is a pet-friendly establishment, so feel free to bring your dogs! FWIW, I'll be leaving my cats at home....

Please feel free to respond here, or message me to share your intent, as William (on the Pizzeria side) would like an inkling as to how many we might have. The pizza and tap house sit in the far corner of the parking lot from Walmart, to your right as you enter the lot using either driveway. William tells me we should have plenty of space to park any Rivians in one location, right outside the door.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have everyone's phone number for this and future events, including the OEVA EarthDay gathering in Wilsonville on Saturday the 23rd of April, starting at 10:00 in the morning (more elsewhere here, and to follow).

While we can head to more unique and fun properties in the future (one of McMenamins' locations, perhaps), I thought we'd start here to allow anyone in need of a charge to take advantage of ElectrifyAmerica's station and the proximity to the freeway.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

(p.s. bring your Growlers to fill them, as Fido's has a great selection of brews!)

Screenshot_20220401-152239_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220401-152331_Maps.jpg

20220401_120829.jpg

20220401_121016.jpg

20220401_121654.jpg

20220401_121222.jpg

20220401_120939.jpg
Hello. Is there a Portland R1T Owners group? Or another event planned? - Drew
Sponsored