First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
That was a hoot. I loved meeting all you fabulous folks. Thank you to DuckTruck for getting this started and to the rest of you who were able to go as well as those of you who will make the next one.

Here is a little write up I threw together on Rivian Stories. https://s00n.rivianstories.com/posts/22412165?utm_source=manual
Dear Admin: if I need to copy and paste the text from my write up into this post please feel free to let me know and I’ll do that instead.

Looking forward to the next one with all of you. Cheers!
Posting that write up here to make sure it isn’t locked behind a login:

Creating an Incredible Community

Tonight folks near Portland got together to show what the future for our Rivian community can look like. Bruce AKA DuckTruck organized a gathering at Fido’s Dog Tap House: Beer, Pizza, and Dogs (as in fluffy friends). We found ourselves in the presence of greatness.
Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649482147623.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

Five Riviots were kind enough to drive out and share their new rides with us. Roughly 40 people played with all the buttons, doors, and software features. Laughter and excitement danced through the mix of sunshine and light drizzle.
Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649482384345.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

We got to experience El Cap, Launch Green (with and without stealth XPEL), and Rivian Blue. The consensus was that every color was worthy of the catwalk. MEOW! People who ”don’t like grey cars” could “see themselves driving this color.” Yup. Rivian nailed it here.
For a little sample here are the Launch Green with stealth on the left and without on the right:
Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649482568781.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

Here is the Rivian Blue:
Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649482596615.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649484042992.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

Here is the El Cap:
Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649482654247.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649484076128.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

Even the owner of Fido’s jumped in with a fun little surprise for us excited Riviots:
Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 1649482732851.jpeg?ixlib=rails-0.3

RJ started a company with a culture around building a community. Today was evidence that we are building that amazing family of fans. Here’s to all of you amazing humans building this incredible community. Keep adventurous by getting together, sharing life, and sharing experiences like this as often as you can.
Cheers to all of you and happy adventuring.

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That was a hoot. I loved meeting all you fabulous folks. Thank you to DuckTruck for getting this started and to the rest of you who were able to go as well as those of you who will make the next one.

Here is a little write up I threw together on Rivian Stories. https://s00n.rivianstories.com/posts/22412165?utm_source=manual
Dear Admin: if I need to copy and paste the text from my write up into this post please feel free to let me know and I’ll do that instead.

Looking forward to the next one with all of you. Cheers!
Nice write up!

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Please Post some photos, i had to travel to Bend….
We will get some pics posted, but I'm sorry you couldn't join us this time. We'll do something again, sooner than soon! 😉

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hey folks, I posted the following in the thread: Rivian's impact on Normal [CNN article]
I thought it would be appropriate to share it here as well. I had such a great time that I'm still on Cloud Nine. I can't wait to do it again! Thanks to everyone for making it there, and for making it so much fun!

It's well after midnight and I'm just settling in after getting back from the gathering that you, I, and all the other good folks from Salem, McMinnville, and from the Portland area to the Puget Sound enjoyed this evening. I'm a night owl by nature, but I'm so energized after getting home, I don't think I'll fall asleep until around 5 AM. I really didn't know what to expect when thinking about this gathering a week ago, but it really blew me away that so many wonderful people showed up and had such a great time!

As I mentioned there, I really want to share with RJ and the rest of the folks at Rivian that, in addition to building a world class vehicle, they're also indirectly responsible for sparking an unknown number of meaningful relationships and communities in our area, and throughout North America.

I can't wait to do it again, especially as more people get their Rivians and the weather improves. After reading your post, and then realizing you wrote it just before we met today, it put a huge smile (and a few tears) on my face and also warmed my heart. I remember the flood of memories as I wrote those words in response to an awesome post from @ja_kub_sz. It was a very cathartic experience penning my remembrances.

After finally getting to drive my stealthy truck today (all the while listening to my First Song several times in a row), I'm even more in love with Rivian. Three years of impatient waiting disappeared in a heartbeat.

Thanks for hanging around until the end. I got so caught up in our conversation that I left the rest of my pizza behind. I'm looking forward to growing this group and all of our connections with more meetups here, there, and everywhere. Thanks also for your kind words today, and for making the long trip down to be a part of the gathering.

I hope some company folks also get the chance to join us next time to see what they've helped to create.

Be well and have a great weekend!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I was having so much fun visiting, I blew it and never stopped to get a group picture of all of us together. Please, next time, let's make sure to grab several full group shots to capture the moment and share it with others around the Rivianverse.

Awesome evening!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Team Launch Green and Team Yellow, living in perfect harmony. 😁

Talk about a Road Warrior, this is at least the second round-trip Matt has made for Portland gatherings on a weeknight, all the way from the Olympic Peninsula. He's an award-winning educator, therefore making him a true Roads Scholar, as well.

(Photo courtesy of Matt's lovely bride, Jessica)

'Til next time, you two! 🍻

Rivian R1T R1S Portland Area Meet-up April 8th 20220408_194032

Last edited:

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks again for organizing, sir. A great evening with a great group of people is worth the drive.

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Thanks for setting this up and I enjoy meeting people and talking about Rivian. Until next time....

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Looks like a blast! Wish I could have made it, but I’m sure there will be many more.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I’ll be in when I get moved to the Beaverton area and a truck. I’m loving the sense of community the vehicle has sparked. Good times! Cheers to all 🍻🍾🥂…..or 🧋🥤🧃🥛🍼 whatever you’re into.
Sponsored