First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hello. Is there a Portland R1T Owners group? Or another event planned? - Drew
I'm looking at organizing a driving event with off-roading elements for Sunday, February 5th. That date doesn't conflict with the NFL, as it's the off-week between the playoffs and the Superbowl.

Will likely have an evening meetup mid-January to visit and build a calendar of events for the year and share knowledge of offroading routes and experiences. I'm open to Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st at a location that has plenty of parking and a central location. Thoughts, anyone?

I have limited connectivity right now, so please pardon any slow response.
Sponsored

PDXrider

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Revenue Operations
I'm looking at organizing a driving event with off-roading elements for Sunday, February 5th. That date doesn't conflict with the NFL, as it's the off-week between the playoffs and the Superbowl.

Will likely have an evening meetup mid-January to visit and build a calendar of events for the year and share knowledge of offroading routes and experiences. I'm open to Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st at a location that has plenty of parking and a central location. Thoughts, anyone?

PDXrider

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Revenue Operations
The 20th or 21st work for me to meet up, prefer the 21st. My recommendation is Si Senor Cedar Mill which is at 11525 SW Choban Ln, Portland, OR 97225. Just off Hwy 26, big parking lot and overflow lot, covered outdoor seating, beer and solid Mexican food.

jafar

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I'd be interested but I'm out of town until the 22nd of this month.

PDXrider

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Revenue Operations

Sponsored

PDXrider

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Revenue Operations
Any more details around a Feb 5 drive or a Jan calendar meetup?

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Since there have been a lot of deliveries recently (cough, including mine,) and I swear Spring is coming, is anyone up for a Portland Area meetup?

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Since there have been a lot of deliveries recently (cough, including mine,) and I swear Spring is coming, is anyone up for a Portland Area meetup?
Let’s do it. We can get quite a group together now. I could make the my hood trip and was sad.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Let’s do it. We can get quite a group together now. I could make the my hood trip and was sad.
Yeah!! I’m in! Let’s get Bruce to wrangle the gang. 🙂

PDXrider

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Revenue Operations
Hello Rivian Owners, Reservation Holders and Fans!

On Friday, April 8th, we have a get together planned at Fido's Tap House/48th North Pizzeria in Tigard. The addess is 7700 SW Dartmouth St #110, Tigard, OR 97223. The businesses share the same space and have outdoor, and a tented table area outside, in addition to indoor seating. They sit in the N.W. corner of Walmart's parking lot, which is to the N.E. of Highway 217, between Hwy 99 to the West, and I-5 to the East. Of course, feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, or both. With plenty of beer and sharp eating utensils, what could go wrong? If contemplating bringing kids, I'd encourage you to call them 503-941-5757 to let them talk you out of that.

The far side of the lot includes an ElectrifyAmerica station With 15 CCS chargers (four 350's, eleven 150's) plus one CHAdeMO plug. At lunchtime today, all looked to be functional, none were in use, and there was no ICE'ing going on.

Fido's/48th North don't open until 3:00 P.M., and I'm guessing most folks will be there at 5:00 or shortly thereafter. That said, I plan to get there early (4'ish), you know, just to make sure the beer is cold and plentiful. The menu and other pics are attached here. Fido's does Growler fills, as well. Also, as the name implies, this is a pet-friendly establishment, so feel free to bring your dogs! FWIW, I'll be leaving my cats at home....

Please feel free to respond here, or message me to share your intent, as William (on the Pizzeria side) would like an inkling as to how many we might have. The pizza and tap house sit in the far corner of the parking lot from Walmart, to your right as you enter the lot using either driveway. William tells me we should have plenty of space to park any Rivians in one location, right outside the door.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have everyone's phone number for this and future events, including the OEVA EarthDay gathering in Wilsonville on Saturday the 23rd of April, starting at 10:00 in the morning (more elsewhere here, and to follow).

While we can head to more unique and fun properties in the future (one of McMenamins' locations, perhaps), I thought we'd start here to allow anyone in need of a charge to take advantage of ElectrifyAmerica's station and the proximity to the freeway.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

(p.s. bring your Growlers to fill them, as Fido's has a great selection of brews!)

Screenshot_20220401-152239_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220401-152331_Maps.jpg

20220401_120829.jpg

20220401_121016.jpg

20220401_121654.jpg

20220401_121222.jpg

20220401_120939.jpg
I can't join you this Friday because I have my kids. I'm bummed. I really want to meet some other owners! - Drew

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I can't join you this Friday because I have my kids. I'm bummed. I really want to meet some other owners! - Drew
I think the original title was for 4/8/2022. Not sure a new date has been suggested yet but I hope to be able to join!
Sponsored