PORTABLE REFRIGERATORS for Rivians -- 12V or 110V??

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Bolt EV, Volt
Occupation
Engineering
They probably won’t tell you if they do. Most companies don’t comment on future product for obvious reasons.
I've previously had companies tell me that they aren't working on X project. They generally won't elaborate if they are or may in the future.
Advertisement

Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
What did the MotorTrend team have with them? Didn't they mention having 2 refrigerators on their TAT trip?

There's definitely enough volume in the frunk for a good size refrigerator and possibly even a dual unit. If there isn't one already on the market that will work, it is absolutely something Dometic needs to make!

Edit: Nevermind on the MotorTrend question. They had an ARB refrigerator in the bed. I guess they didn't have the tonneau closed then.

Edit2: Looks like the DID have the tonneau closed! Looks like an ARB Classic Series II fridge. Based on the specs, the 37QT is 16.9" tall, so it should fit under a closed tonneau. The ARB site lists a 17" height for the 63QT, so it might fit as well, depending on possible rounding by them and/or Rivian.

1633719247926.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
What did the MotorTrend team have with them? Didn't they mention having 2 refrigerators on their TAT trip?

There's definitely enough volume in the frunk for a good size refrigerator and possibly even a dual unit. If there isn't one already on the market that will work, it is absolutely something Dometic needs to make!

Edit: Nevermind on the MotorTrend question. They had an ARB refrigerator in the bed. I guess they didn't have the tonneau closed then.

Edit2: Looks like the DID have the tonneau closed! Looks like an ARB Classic Series II fridge. Based on the specs, the 37QT is 16.9" tall, so it should fit under a closed tonneau. The ARB site lists a 17" height for the 63QT, so it might fit as well, depending on possible rounding by them and/or Rivian.

1633719247926.png
There’s plenty of volume in the frunk, just not enough height. Bummer. It would be a lot more convenient to have the fridge in the frunk and just use the bed for storage.

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I’m holding out for an R1 frunk specific fridge/freezer combo that uses the whole space. Someone’s gotta do one

Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I’m holding out for an R1 frunk specific fridge/freezer combo that uses the whole space. Someone’s gotta do one
If someone is designing a fridge just for the R1, I would prefer they leave just enough space on the driver side for the charging cables and a similar space on the other side for other random smaller stuff, but otherwise, yeah, fill nearly the whole volume!

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If someone is designing a fridge just for the R1, I would prefer they leave just enough space on the driver side for the charging cables and a similar space on the other side for other random smaller stuff, but otherwise, yeah, fill nearly the whole volume!
There would have to be space at the sides for lifting handles anyhow. Simple enough to keep in mind the necessity of storing the charger etc.
If it was me designing it, it would be a shape which maximizes available volume while providing a usable interior shape(minimal odd angles).

o, to have a CAD model of an R1’s storage spaces…

TAZ

Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 & X5 > R1T LE
I'm still waiting for an email back from CS with the floor dimensions but will share them when I do.

1633628424278.png
I received the following back.

"Thank you for reaching back out. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact measurements of the front trunk at the bottom with the cargo shelf removed. You are correct though it does narrow a little with the shelf removed. I apologize I don't have those measurements to share. "

Zac

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I received the following back.

"Thank you for reaching back out. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact measurements of the front trunk at the bottom with the cargo shelf removed. You are correct though it does narrow a little with the shelf removed. I apologize I don't have those measurements to share. "
We should ask CS to go out and measure it or, better yet, see if we can get someone going to the NY First Drive event or Venice space to measure it. Someone must have a tape measure they can bring with them.

Advertisement

Advertisement