First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
These guys Home - Hiatus Campers say that they think they can build a pop-up camper for the Rivian. They're pretty close to where I am (well, 80 miles) and want me to drive over when I get the R1t. Something I can't see from the various images I've seen online is maybe a concern, " The camper is attached using J or C clamps, the standard method for attaching canopies to truck beds. They secure the base of the camper to the rails of the truck bed and are removable."

The images online make me think this might be dicey...anybody have any insight?

Thanks!
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That's going to be one SHORT camper.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Is this the picture you're looking at?
Rivian R1T R1S Pop up camper, bed rails... 1615989171503

With a composite bed, until we know much more about the structure, it's going to be hard to guess whether clamping to the rails (or drilling through it and attaching to something on the other side) will be possible. Those rails do look thick, but there is space underneath them.

Looks like a nice camper, though.

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
That's going to be one SHORT camper.
Campers that size generally fold open to have a double footprint, with a set of steps and legs to prop up the fold out half. I don't think a hardshell is possible unless it was to be set higher and go over the top of the cab

Sponsored

Capstone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 / 2019 Nissan Leaf
I was wondering if you put something on top of the rails, even a truck cap, it may cover the rail controls. Hopefully the app will still open the tailgate and gear tunnel doors but if not that would suck

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I was wondering if you put something on top of the rails, even a truck cap, it may cover the rail controls. Hopefully the app will still open the tailgate and gear tunnel doors but if not that would suck
Any camper that fits in a R1T would probably be custom made so it could have cutouts to allow access to the controls. Alternatively, it could offer buttons on the camper itself, that physically extend and push the existing buttons.
Sponsored