Sponsored

Poll: Will you stay with Rivian after Price Increase?

Will you stay with Rivian after Price Increase?

• Total voters

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Title says it all. I'm curious what people plan on doing now that they've revealed the massive price increase.
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
For me, the only reason I'd keep it is to resell.

Last edited:

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
It's a steep increase, so I am undecided. I still have a reservation on the cybertruck, which is also likely to see an increase. For now, I'll keep both reservations, but I'm finding it difficult to stomach the idea of spending $100K (or very close) on a vehicle.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
The only reason to keep it is to resell.
The *only* reason? I disagree. It's still the same vehicle before the price increase. Plenty of people will decide it was worth it at 78 and it'll be worth it at 84.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
The *only* reason? I disagree. It's still the same vehicle before the price increase. Plenty of people will decide it was worth it at 78 and it'll be worth it at 84.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the scale of the actual increase - is it 6k or 15k+? The starting price for an Adventure R1S is now 78k (vs. 75.5k), and both the quad motor and large pack are 6k options each.

People might still find it worth it but (I will update my post accordingly) for me, with a 15k increase, the only reason to keep my reservation is to resell.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I WISH the difference was only $6k.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I read the email multiple times and I'm still unclear on the reality. I had been assured multiple times by various CS and Hub staff that LE pre-orders would be honored at existing price even if an increase happened later. FWIW, my profile still has the old price but the email says that this might change.

If it DOES increase for me, I'm out at $90K. Given the current state of the in-vehicle software and other fit-and-finish details, I cannot justify spending almost $100 on the vehicle.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I'm right on the verge of cancelling. With so many delays, discontenting, and now this ENORMOUS price increase, I'm really sour on the idea of a Rivian right now.

They have certainly killed any good will they had from me, and I wish I would have never invested in the company, too.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the scale of the actual increase - is it 6k or 15k+?
Depends on if you are okay delaying your delivery to 2024+ and accepting less than originally configured…. Keeping my config is over $16k increase.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I read the email multiple times and I'm still unclear on the reality. I had been assured multiple times by various CS and Hub staff that LE pre-orders would be honored at existing price even if an increase happened later. FWIW, my profile still has the old price but the email says that this might change.

If it DOES increase for me, I'm out at $90K. Given the current state of the in-vehicle software and other fit-and-finish details, I cannot justify spending almost $100 on the vehicle.
I was as well and contacted CS. I was told that it DID affect me as an LE reservation holder.

dtb369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was as well and contacted CS. I was told that it DID affect me as an LE reservation holder.
Confirmed with CS as well that LE orders are impacted. My truck is expected in the April/May window and it will have the price increase. If this is true, I am likely out as I was already on the border of what I could afford, unfortunately.

Very disappointing that they are not honoring their longtime, loyal customers. They should see raw material price increases as a sunk cost to build brand loyalty with their biggest fans.

Rivian R1T R1S Poll: Will you stay with Rivian after Price Increase? Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 2.37.09 PM

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At 84? It's a $15k increase for the same car. 78 is now 93.

Depends on your config. Mine only went up 13k, and I've got the camp kitchen AND the tent configured. Drop those and it's like 9k? I admit the original 6k number was me not fully understanding the scope of the changes, but again, it will be variable depending on config and I still stand by my original point. I'm one that still thinks the value is there, even at 102k.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the scale of the actual increase - is it 6k or 15k+? The starting price for an Adventure R1S is now 78k (vs. 75.5k), and both the quad motor and large pack are 6k options each.

People might still find it worth it but (I will update my post accordingly) for me, with a 15k increase, the only reason to keep my reservation is to resell.

Yea, guilty of posting before I understood the full scope of the price increases. It's variable depending on your config. 13k bump for me. I'll live with it.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I will have to admit that I am disappointed. I have been on this ride since November of 2018, and had hoped that the price would hold at least until all of the pre-production reservations had been delivered.

Brian
Sponsored