Sponsored

Poll on info required before you order

If Rivian contacted you today to finalize your order, what additional info would you need?

• Total voters

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
I just want my truck.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I selected both see in person and see colors/interior in photos. If they provided photos that I had a high degree of confidence were truly representative of what it looked like, then I might be willing to move forward just based on that. And if I’m forced to commit without either, I might would still do it and just go with a “safe” color like La Silver or El Cap Granite. The recent pics of the LA Silver R1T are growing on me, even though it’s not one of the 3 different colors I’ve had mine configure for so far. ?‍♂

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I'd really like more info on accessories. Despite the higher cost, I really appreciate factory fit and finish, and I'm willing to pay for it if the quality is there, but I'm also perfectly content to get what I have configured now if no new info comes out, or accessories are held up, etc.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
I voted for the range related items, the test drive and the accessories.

If they have come up short on the range, I have to know that before I put my cash down. Also, tire selection could be influenced by range.

The test drive is indeed a touchy-feely thing. Although I have driven vehicles bigger than the R1t, it is still a step up from my current drive. So, I want to make sure it feels right.

There's one aspect to the accessories that I am looking for. (I would say holding my breath for, but this has gone on far too long for that!) I need some kind of device to raise the number 3 crossbar to support my kayak properly.

There's a sidebar to this. If there is a device, but it takes out the tonneau cover, that would be a problem, too. That would mean driving around with any gear in the back totally exposed.

If there is not a gizmo for raising the crossbar in the bed, then I would have to switch gears and look at the R1s.

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Aside from my house, this will be the most expensive purchase I have ever made. I want to be absolutely sure about everything from color to range (debating 300 vs 400 mile range) to accessories to what it’s like to drive.

My jeep is 13 years old and can still chug along until I am ready.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I wanted to select all the options on this list, but to be honest I'd be ready to order "today" with no qualms. That's based on the assumption that it will take another 8 - 12 weeks for the vehicle to actually be ready, and within that timeframe a lot of these questions will get answered. During that time I expect reviews and test drives and range tests to come out and if I see that the vehicles aren't meeting expectations I will just refuse delivery (assuming that I will not be financially liable for more than my pre order downpayment).

Edit: which makes me think, maybe the one question I would add to this list is, at what point are we contractually liable financially for more than the downpayment?

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
at what point are we contractually liable financially for more than the downpayment?
Once your guide contacts you and everything is finalized, then you either arrange financing or you wire money I would assume. Just like Tesla, your deposit is fully refundable up until you’ve finalized your order with your guide from what I’ve read.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Now, 205 hours into May. Phone fully charged. Seven extended auto warranty calls received. Zero extended auto warranties purchased. Still waiting for a call from area code 309.......Supplies running low......????

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Crash test results from IIHS

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Crash test results from IIHS
That would be nice, but I don't think we'll see those or the EPA numbers/ratings before the early-birds roll out of the nest...unfortunately.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I chose Test Drive, EPA numbers and see all the colors.

Don't think I can purchase/finalize without seeing in person and test drive. My wife keep asking me how can you buy a 80K car from a new company with no track record.

So we have to see it in person before finalizing.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wanted to select all the options on this list, but to be honest I'd be ready to order "today" with no qualms. That's based on the assumption that it will take another 8 - 12 weeks for the vehicle to actually be ready, and within that timeframe a lot of these questions will get answered. During that time I expect reviews and test drives and range tests to come out and if I see that the vehicles aren't meeting expectations I will just refuse delivery (assuming that I will not be financially liable for more than my pre order downpayment).

Edit: which makes me think, maybe the one question I would add to this list is, at what point are we contractually liable financially for more than the downpayment?
I would imagine that could be a good question for the guide but based on the 7 day 1000 mile return policy, I would say there would be no penalty for the return/refusal of delivery. Only exception may be any charges that could be related to financing if that applies. If you are paying cash, you should be good to go up to a week after delivery.

We’re confident you’ll love your Rivian, but if for some reason you don’t, you have 7 days or 1,000 miles after delivery to return it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely had to edit my vote to reflect what I'd *actually* have to see before buying. Plenty of nice to know things, but really just a couple (maybe one?) Must have.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Honest question: can they legally sell a car to a customer without the EPA numbers?
Sponsored