First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Retired
I might hold the record for changing the configuration the most times. Back and forth between the R1S and R1T. I went for max pack, so Jan+ group. I will need to test drive / get more feedback before deciding. Leaning towards the 22 sport because 95 percent of my driving will be on the road.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I go back a forth too! I was assuming the 21's get the best mileage, so was there for a bit. But like the look of the 20's, and their performance in snow. Which is completely ridiculous because it never snows where I live...the long wait for this car has obviously gotten to me lol.

I might hold the record for changing the configuration the most times. Back and forth between the R1S and R1T. I went for max pack, so Jan+ group. I will need to test drive / get more feedback before deciding. Leaning towards the 22 sport because 95 percent of my driving will be on the road.

neockder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK, Scout, Tundra, Chinook, Prius
Occupation
Devs
"R1T version" and "R1S version" don't really make sense anymore, to noobs anyway. The configurator defaults to the 21" and all 3 20" AT options are available for the same cost on an R1T or an R1S. Is the "R1T version" the one that doesn't have a dark version of the same shape?

Unfortunately, I'll bet the "R1T AT" that people seem to prefer will get the worst EPA numbers of the bunch.

To me, the "dark AT" option is the best looking choice, but $3,500 is a pretty pricey upgrade, IMO. How much would it usually cost to black powder coat a set of wheels? If <$1,700, it seems like it would make more sense to just get the regular ones and do that instead of getting the dark ones from the start.
Yeah unfortunately for $3,500 I think you'll have people rattle canning their own.. Or plasti-dipping, or taking to a paint shop for 1/4 the price.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They said wheel choice isn't a factor for delivery timing. It seems to only be based on exterior color, interior color, delivery location, then order number.
Not true. I was told by my Guide that wheel selection is, in fact, a contributing factor WRT delivery timing.

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
$3500 is a lot for the dark AT wheels...but to get them powder coated would be close to that and would cost a day or two of time I could be driving this thing!

Hanson-R1S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX
Occupation
IT
"R1T version" and "R1S version" don't really make sense anymore, to noobs anyway. The configurator defaults to the 21" and all 3 20" AT options are available for the same cost on an R1T or an R1S. Is the "R1T version" the one that doesn't have a dark version of the same shape?

Unfortunately, I'll bet the "R1T AT" that people seem to prefer will get the worst EPA numbers of the bunch.

To me, the "dark AT" option is the best looking choice, but $3,500 is a pretty pricey upgrade, IMO. How much would it usually cost to black powder coat a set of wheels? If <$1,700, it seems like it would make more sense to just get the regular ones and do that instead of getting the dark ones from the start.
I agree, very pricey upgrade. Iā€™m in FLA and will probably get someone to do it in Tampa.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I was chatting a few weeks ago with a rep at TireRack and asked why they still do not have the Rivian Brand on their wheel selector? The Rep said, they would need a Rivian in-house for measurements and testing and Rivian has not built one yet for the public. So I emailed Munro & Associates (Munro Live on YouTube) since Sandy has stated his guys have several on order and suggested Munro & TireRack could get together once Munro gets its first R1T. It would be a Win/Win and we would get some new options for tire/wheel packages! Corey Steuben (President) at Munro emailed me back and said he thought it was a great idea! Fingers crossed!

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
BigE Eric..nice work!!

Iā€™m opting for the ā€˜standardā€™ 21ā€ package since I want to maximize range though I donā€™t expect it to be more than, say, 15-20 miles at best with the R1T Max packā€¦compared to however the EPA numbers turn out for the other 2.

However, I will almost immediately need a set of 20ā€ wheels to mount dedicated snow tires. We ski a lot..29 round trips last year, fairly often that either the out leg or the return leg has some serious snow at least up on the low pass I drive.

Even with the Scorpion A/T Plus (275/65 R18, mounted new 2018..) on our ā€˜10 4Runner Limited (full time 4WD)..it just doesnā€™t compare or provide the same margin of control, safety as the dedicated snow tires. Not for that routine use anyway. The Scorpion Plus is my summer tire on that vehicle.
(BTW: that Scorpion Plus does have a bit of noise, a somewhat high pitched whine. But hopefully less on the newer iterative Rivian version).

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Note on powder coating.
Usually runs anywhere between $50 and $100 per wheel based on your location.
Had it done a couple times on Land Rover rims.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I've had 3 sets done in the Los Angeles area, 300 to 400 each time. That included swapping my tires and tps and installing them on my truck.
Sponsored