Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport HSE, Rivian R1S, R1T, 911T Targa 71
Occupation
Strategic Marketing & Research
Clubs

Did I miss something. I thought the launch edition was going to have a reinforced under carriage and now it appears to be a $2000 add-on upgrade. That is a big shift.

OP
OP
Caymanwent

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Did I miss something. I thought the launch edition was going to have a reinforced Yoder carriage and now it appears to be $2000 add-on for exterior upgrade. That is a big shift.
The made it an option but dropped the starting price by the $2000

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Did I miss something. I thought the launch edition was going to have a reinforced Yoder carriage and now it appears to be $2000 add-on for exterior upgrade. That is a big shift.
They gave everyone a $2k discount and you can add it again and the price will be the same as it was a few days ago.

Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
I have "It's not really Launch Green" and green interior.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Just changed mine from Rivian Blue to Forest Green and Ocean Coast (R1S) ?

I’ve seen both in person (at least pre-production versions) and it’s always been a toss up for me. Decided today I’d rather use the $1k difference for accessories. Although now it seems that may delay me a bit if RB ends up being the main initial production color.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caymanwent

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
I thought forest edge interior would be more popular

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It's polarizing.

I like it, but it's not worth an extra couple grand, imo.

My wife hates it.

Between my wife and not wanting to pay extra, it's an easy pass.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That interior gives me positive flashbacks of misspent youthful endeavors in a hand-me-down '69 Chevy Caprice Estate Station Wagon that included a folding third-row seat facing backwards. Paradise didn't need dashboard lights! The outside was kind of a Forest Green with fake wood paneling on the sides, and I swear the inside was Forest Edge, although it also included faux wood on the dash and door trim panels. Much more environmentally-friendly times back then, when we weren't killing real trees. Instead, at about 9 MPG, we generated plenty of CO² to feed those trees! It's eerily noteworthy that "LA Mom-ba" also had a fixed, non-electrochromatic glass panel in the ceiling.

I wish I had pics of it, but our wall-mounted rotary phone in the kitchen didn't reach that far and, oddly, had no camera. How the Hell did we ever survive such primitive conditions?! Luckily, the A.M. radio came with an awesome speaker buried in the dash. It was so good that while playing "Name That Tune!", sometimes the winner would figure out which song was playing within the first two verses!

I think Forest Edge would likely sell better if it didn't cost an extra $2,000. After seeing so many different recent renderings of Black Mountain (some in which the wood doesn't appear to be all black), I want to see both before making my choice. That extra cash could buy more essententials. I'm guessing that at around $74.99 a bottle, the Gear Tunnel could be well-stocked with Scotch for weeks to come! ? ?

That could spell "Road Trip!" to Salida to visit P.T.!

That said, I'm hoping all have a safe, sane, and sobering Memorial Day. Let's remember all of those that made all of us, and all of this, possible.?

Rivian R1T R1S Poll of current configurations IMG_3184

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
With so many people hating on the black interior a couple of weeks ago, and awful lot of people have it configured.
Sponsored