Sponsored

POLL: How many of us have actually driven/seen a Rivian in person?

What is your experience with an actual Rivian model?

• Total voters

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I live in NY and about 3 hours to the nearest major metro area (yes this is possible, Brooklyn is 4 hours away) I will in all likelihood be purchasing my LE R1T sight unseen. I am placing faith in Rivian and hoping to be rewarded.
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I was part of a preorder event in Atlanta back in the fall of 2019. They had a couple of early models on display. I was able to see it but wasn't allowed to touch/interact. They were roped off. The Rivian employees were all super nice and opened and closed doors and showed off some basic features at your request but it was all proxied interaction. And nothing none of them were being driven, just sitting on the showroom floor.
I was there in Atlanta that Friday evening. Talked briefly with RJ. However, the best part of the viewing was speaking with engineers and designers on specifics, about motors, fabrics, lack of cup holders, ?, etc,. Now — looking back soon, post 2022, we will remember driving home, and “doing” the adventures that Rivian envisioned for us, like Steve Jobs with the iPhone.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I was there in Atlanta that Friday evening. Talked briefly with RJ. However, the best part of the viewing was speaking with engineers and designers on specifics, about motors, fabrics, lack of cup holders, ?, etc,. Now — looking back soon, post 2022, we will remember driving home, and “doing” the adventures that Rivian envisioned for us, like Steve Jobs with the iPhone.
Very cool. I remember my wife asking at the time if I wanted a picture of me taking to him and I was like, nah, I don't want to be like creeping on him, just be cool. Now I wish I would have had her take the picture. :) He was super gracious, very kind. We talked about the cars we currently drove - we both had Pacifica hybrids - and the challenges of kids - he said his wife's only design input was that the 2nd row had to fit 3 car seats. But he also told me the configurater would be launched by EOY or early 2020 at the latest. :) Ribbing aside, really enjoyed by chat with him. Super down to earth nice guy.

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

April 2019 R1S preorder. My wife and I went to the Seattle event in September 2019. Like in Atlanta the trucks were roped off so no touching! The people were great and we even got some swag as we left! RJ addressed everyone and then people lined up to talk with him. We were able to chat with him for about 10 minutes about the EV market in British Columbia. He seemed genuinely interested! As we often hear, he was as nice and gracious as can be. Ah the days of spontaneous trips to America.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I'm kinda ticked because I go out to Breckenridge, Keystone, and Montezuma all the time. Yet, I have never once seen it. I was really kicking myself because I was out on Webster Pass the week before Rivian had their big blogger review drive. My wife had even discussed pushing our Webster Pass adventure out a week and instead going to Bill Moore Lake trail (BTW, that's a great trail) but we wanted to visit our property near Break...

ugh... I want to see this truck in person!

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Wow I had no idea it was %60 of the people here haven’t even seen one in person. Great pole

OP
OP
Gimmeoneofeach

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

Bumping this back up now that Sonoma and NY drive events have been going on.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Wow I had no idea it was %60 of the people here haven’t even seen one in person. Great pole
Guaranteed it’s much higher that haven’t seen in regards to forum members as a whole.
You are getting a response from ACTIVE members so these numbers are not all that surprising to me.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This afternoon I’m going to the First Mile event to drive an R1T for the first time. This morning I was walking my dog and a few blocks from my house we stopped as somebody was pulling their vehicle out of their garage and across the sidewalk. I noticed something familiar about the wheels and then noticed the Rivian badge.
A glacier white R1T driven by an employee in the Palo Alto office.
So I will definitely not have the first in this neighbourhood.

Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I saw a forest green R1T at an EA charger a few months ago while charging our ID4. The employees were very friendly and showed my wife and I around the truck, but not the interior because another employee was on a meeting.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've been seeing R1Ts on the road almost daily this past week, presumably all employee deliveries.

Glongo

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S; Cayenne Hybrid; Sprinter
Occupation
Homebuilding
Went to Venice Hub. Convinced me that FG+FE for my R1S is the way to go! ?
I also checked out the RT in Venice a couple of weeks ago. Observations:
1. The vibe of the employees and the visitors were very positive
2. It seemed smaller than I imagined. I am concerned that so many deposit holders have spent much time imagining/speculating as I had, and may be disappointed in some ways. After about 5 minutes in the vehicle much of that was reset for me and I am still on-board with this product and company.
3. it was very helpful to see the interior and exterior colors. In addition to the two live vehicles, they had paint samples of the other colors. It validated my choice for exterior color, and wheels, but I am now on the fence for interior finish.
4. I liked the interior fit and finish - frankly it met my expectations for a $80k vehicle. More importantly, my friend with a Model Y gave the Rivian a higher grade than his vehicle on fit and finish.

My deposit was in summer of this year, so I am confident I will see many of these firsthand before my delivery nears.