Sponsored

POLL: How many of us have actually driven/seen a Rivian in person?

What is your experience with an actual Rivian model?

• Total voters

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I drove one in Normal ,IL. I was not disappointed at all , as a matter of fact the ride itself exceeded my expectations. I had few concerns here and there, but those were pre production vehicles.
Sponsored

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
I drove one in Normal ,IL. I was not disappointed at all , as a matter of fact the ride itself exceeded my expectations. I had few concerns here and there, but those were pre production vehicles.
What type of concerns?

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I've SEEN them many times, as I live in Irvine which is basically where one of their main offices is. I probably see at least 1-2 a day but they are all R1Ts.

I have a friend who works there who is fortunate enough to be able to take one home every weekend so I was able to see one up close a few times. It is what really put me over the edge to put a reservation in.

Unfortunately the "employee loaners" are almost always R1Ts and there are only a few R1Ss and they get snatched up quickly. He's going to try to get one for me to look at when he has a chance.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Hey guys/gals - the poll is faulty. I have both driven (first mile) and seen in wild (one of the earliest customer deliveries in the northeast).

I have a May/June R1s Launch Edition and am kind of starting to think my real window will be November to Year End. . . . .

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have seen 4 R1Ts plugged in at the Denver Service Center during a stalking mission, but that didn't really fit any of the poll choices. Haven't yet seen any in the wild in CO, although there are multiple photos of R1Ts driving or parked around Denver.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

visited the Venice store couple months ago to view upclose & personal, but ironically saw my very first R1T in the wild on I-15 heading south into San Diego region. It was blue on AT 20's. I neglected to see if the license plate was dealer or owner type (and I was driving).

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
fight the power! Down With The Establishment!! PANTSLESS NATION!!!!!!! ?

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
Saw my first one in the wild yesterday in Downtown Denver. Was picking up my wife's new car at Rickenbaugh (2022 Volvo C40 Recharge), and we were back in the service center with the guy who's been servicing my Fisker Karma for the last decade (damn...), and all of the sudden there was a black R1T sitting at the red light on Broadway. I was so excited, making sure everyone saw it, that I didn't have time to pull out my phone and take a pic, but it was cool to see. My wife just rolled her eyes and made jokes about her nerd husband...

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I live in a little known place called Idaho and do not expect to see one let alone drive one until my R1T is delivered sometime late in 2023.

My current Rivian estimated delivery window is July to September 2022. I anticipate a 1yr slip.

Sponsored

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I've SEEN them many times, as I live in Irvine which is basically where one of their main offices is. I probably see at least 1-2 a day but they are all R1Ts.

I have a friend who works there who is fortunate enough to be able to take one home every weekend so I was able to see one up close a few times. It is what really put me over the edge to put a reservation in.

Unfortunately the "employee loaners" are almost always R1Ts and there are only a few R1Ss and they get snatched up quickly. He's going to try to get one for me to look at when he has a chance.
If you ever get to see the R1S, can you take a video of how you get in and out of the 3rd row?

Also I noticed you own a 911 GT3, my friend got one last month and I drove it around for a bit, what a joy to ride!

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I live in a little known place called Idaho and do not expect to see one let alone drive one until my R1T is delivered sometime late in 2023.

My current Rivian estimated delivery window is July to September 2022. I anticipate a 1yr slip.
I'll be in Idaho frequently with my R1T once it arrives (March/April...hopefully)

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
If you ever get to see the R1S, can you take a video of how you get in and out of the 3rd row?

Also I noticed you own a 911 GT3, my friend got one last month and I drove it around for a bit, what a joy to ride!
I'm going to try to take some pictures, but I'll likely need to ensure I'm not violating any terms for my friend. I'll ask him first. Because the R1S is so "rare", there might be additional restrictions on those. Funny how I see 1-2 R1Ts every day but have never seen an R1S outside of a few photos. If I post a bunch, it is guaranteed they know which car it is and who had it

I do, thanks! Sadly with a new baby, work, and other life priorities there isn't much opportunity for joy rides. 4.5 years old and only ~7200 miles. :( Too bad I'm not supposed to put a baby seat in the back lols.