First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It's been awhile and lots of new members, wanted a simple count of who has an R1T ordered verses the R1S.

Don't care about trim or options simply Truck or SUV...
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This needs a both option.

OP
OP
SANZC02

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
SANZC02

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
As reported on the other RIVIAN Forum, based on over 1500 responses, the results are:
56% RIT
44% RIS
Interesting, this so far is trending 20% in the other direction, be curious over time if it shifts, it has been pretty close to the current split to this point.

Personally I think the SUV has a larger customer base but with the frunk and gear tunnel I can see where a lot of traditional SUV buyers could be swayed to the truck.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Interesting, this so far is trending 20% in the other direction, be curious over time if it shifts, it has been pretty close to the current split to this point.

Personally I think the SUV has a larger customer base but with the frunk and gear tunnel I can see where a lot of traditional SUV buyers could be swayed to the truck.
If R1T comes with 3 rows of seats, that's what I would have ordered! ?

GR

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
I've switched back and forth many times, but the availability of a full-size spare on the R1T helped me finalize the truck. I may order the R1S later.

Sponsored

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I still go back and forth all the time. Currently switched back to R1T so voted that but it might change again tomorrow. I have reasons & trade offs for both so it's hard to settle in, but then again I've got time.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I currently have the R1T on order as 'my' daily driver. we have a Model X and are discussing an R1S to replace it, as we have a 75D which is pretty short ranged. Not sure if we're gonna do both without getting one to own first.

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
It's been awhile and lots of new members, wanted a simple count of who has an R1T ordered verses the R1S.

Don't care about trim or options simply Truck or SUV...
Both.
RIT Max to: 1) replace 2010 4Runner (175k, still tight and quiet), 2) add a stronger more capable tow vehicle (lessen load and miles on the MB GLE43), and 3) help push EVs.
R1S: possibly replace the 2017 GLE43..depending on how things unfold (how well the truck works, the market, used car values, range ‘anxiety’, etc).

Transfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3M
Hi all, new here but have been following Rivian for years. I’m late to the party on my pre-order (placed yesterday) but needed to see some real world opinions on the on road driving dynamics since I’m a performance SUV guy. Currently vehicle is an X3M Competition. Sounds like they nailed it for an off-road capable high horsepower truck/SUV.

I ordered R1S since I have no specific use of a truck but two dogs, wife, and lots of gear on weekends and road trips means SUV space is nice. No kids so they can keep that third bench. I might even use it for overnighters with a big air mattress looking out through that pano roof!
Sponsored