Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Jeff Hammoud, the VP of Design, leads the team responsible for designing the look of the R1T and R1S. He came to Rivian from Chrysler/FCA where he was deeply involved with design of various Jeep models. This podcast is lengthy — a bit over an hour — but it's interesting to hear about his background, plus he speaks about various facets of the Rivian brand, including designing the front end and stadium headlights (they were inspired by the shape of a carabiner). The specific Rivian info starts about 16 minutes in. He also speaks in some detail about the various software apps that designers in their studio use, and their design process.

https://www.formtrends.com/rivian-design-vp-jeff-hammoud-on-starting-fresh-and-brand-identity/
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
This was really fun to listen to... I have been in the CAD business for 30 years and to hear how he is pushing the boundaries to get results and breaking with tradition on how to get a great design result is fantastic to see. Creativity through tools. Doesnt hurt that they use a lot of the software my company makes ;)

His comments about UX and UI are really interesting in the context of Rivian's choices.

Jeff describes the low speed EV sounds as potentially being a "Brand Noise". I love this idea, it will be interesting to see if Rivian does it. He draws a comparison to the turn signal noise being "branded" and that resonated with me. "Sounds are really tricky".

I am more excited about Rivian, Jeff is impressive.
Sponsored

Last edited: