atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Not sure of the scale but this general idea has legs. Maybe build it with 20 initial charging stations with room to add more. The Buc-ees business model works, no doubt.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Bucces would work well for Evs. You could get a full charge in the time it takes to walk from one end to the other...

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Didn't know what a Buccees was until going down this rabbit hole and watching the entirety of the 9+ minute video.

Charging stations or not, I just want to hang out there and bulk up.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer

Sponsored

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
What I would like to see is 20 350kw dc chargers at every interstate rest area in the country. I know no food but it would still be handy.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
What I would like to see is 20 350kw dc chargers at every interstate rest area in the country. I know no food but it would still be handy.
That'd be a very good option, especially if the state tourism boards would staff them 24/7 so there's a little better safety. Rest areas are pretty sketch in the middle of the night, but people will still need to charge at all hours.

There's a bigger problem though, which is a problem for any large charging station: How do you get enough electrical supply to the site to handle that kind of peak load potential? I'll bet a lot of rest areas don't have particularly robust electrical supply at all.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Bucees cut a deal for Tesla Superchargers….no CCS yet.
Are you serious!? WTF? Why do we need more Tesla chargers?! They have an abundant and reliable network…MORE CCS CHARGERS PLEASE>>>tired of rolling up to a crappy Wallyworld with crap chargers that don’t work as intended or at all!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Are you serious!? WTF? Why do we need more Tesla chargers?! They have an abundant and reliable network…MORE CCS CHARGERS PLEASE>>>tired of rolling up to a crappy Wallyworld with crap chargers that don’t work as intended or at all!
I think they are “supposed” to have CCS as well…we’ll see. Guess Tesla is obviously more efficient at getting it done.

Sponsored

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Realistically I'd love just a nice place to sit and maybe get a good coffee. Sure the mega center would be great but I was in Kettleman today at the only 2 CCS chargers there while walking into the Tesla lounge to hang and wait.

Rivian R1T R1S Pitch: Buc-ees but for EV snobs PXL_20221116_203224664

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Oh, helz yea! Let’s go for those brisket breakfast tacos. May want to put a Buccees logo sticker on the rear window. CO Bucco will likely be delivered before the R1S.
You’re in for a treat man. Buc-ees is gas station food minus the suckage. I can’t wait for the Loveland location to open. I propose an R1 get together. 😀

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I’ll never understand EA partnering with Wal-Mart for the DCFC. Yes, I want to walk across a super sketch Wal-Mart parking lot at night to find a nearby fast food joint.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
It is crazy that the city of Dallas, TX, has zero 150kW - 350kW capable charging stations right now. There's an EA station in Ennis, TX which is pretty out of the way from I-35 and another EVGo in Murphy, TX, also 10-15 minutes out of the way from I-35.

I-35 connects San Antonio - Austin - Dallas - OKC - Wichita - KC - Minneapolis

It also crosses I-20 in Dallas which one on side goes to Atlanta, the other side connects with I-10 to go to El Paso, Phoenix, San Diego or Los Angeles.

Dallas sorely needs a massive 20-25 CCS charging station hub right off of 1-35, maybe around I-20 somewhere.

There's an EA station in Waco in a rough area that's always full or partially not working, there's a small EA station outside the west end of Fort Worth that's always full.

Tesla, especially over the last 18 months has really filled in the Dallas/Fort Worth map with exceptional coverage top to bottom.

Rivian R1T R1S Pitch: Buc-ees but for EV snobs Tesla SCs Dallas

Rivian R1T R1S Pitch: Buc-ees but for EV snobs CCS SCs Dallas
Sponsored

Last edited: