OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Well, the overspray should be easy to clean up…and steering/wheel issue just needs a service visit. Annoying to see for sure, though.
I don't know, reading up on it online car paint over spray on black plastic trim that has texture is kind of a nightmare. If use a solvent that's strong enough to remove the paint, it's probably going to damage the plastic. Same if you use some kind of abrasive or magic eraser is probably going to damage or discolor the plastic.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Morning OP...any chance the spots that look like paint are really "splatter" from an orbital polisher? I've seen similar many times when I've been polishing a scratch or scuff and had the polishing compound fling off the wheel. That might be easier to remove...

Good luck and congrats on the truck...

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Picked up my R1T today and sorry to find no 12V outlet in the frunk. I’ll be submitting a ticket asking for it to be installed with some other minor touchups. Steering feels straight and truck is overall truck is great
Vin 120xx RC, OC, 21’s
They're no longer making the trucks with an outlet in the frunk. They wont install it

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

My R1T had the tilted steering wheel when I picked it up.
Made a service appt for realignment and they fixed it nice.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
My R1T had the tilted steering wheel when I picked it up.
Made a service appt for realignment and they fixed it nice.
I need to do some testing in a parking lot or something. Most roads do slope to the right for drainage but I swear with my other vehicles I can let go of the steering wheel and it goes straight for some time and I'm not noticeably turning it to the left and visually seeing the steering wheel tilted to the left. I wish I lived closer to a service center. It's an hour and a half one way and during rush hour it can be 2 to 3. I wonder if they'll be willing to tackle any of these with a remote tech. I'm more than willing to help.

I did receive a call last night but they basically just read over the issues with me telling them that yes, those are the issues and that yes, I just picked it up that day.

Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
The Gear Tunnel lining is not quite connected. Is there a clip here?
1664155212475.png

The hinge for both doors has some missing paint like something hit it but the black plastic on the door side of the hinge looks ok. There is also overspray on the left side black molding, to the left of the hinge, like they tried to fix something after the truck was built.
1664155248198.png

1664155288199.png

More of what looks to be paint on the drivers side scuff plate.
1664155710637.png

Hard to see in pic but there are black finger prints / debris under the protective film.
1664155627657.png

1664155659024.png

Some small scuffs in the edge of the bed liner spare tire cover.
1664155373252.png

Truck seems to like to pull/drift right and steering wheel is a few degrees to the left while driving starlight and you have to (ever so slightly) hold it there.

1664155485024.png
i have the same issue with the wheel and drift....going back for pass 3 at remedying the 1st week of October. I think persistence with service is necessary. My 2nd trip i was told it was the crown of the road causing this. I'm glad you shared cause i keep wondering if i'm overreacting or something.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
i have the same issue with the wheel and drift....going back for pass 3 at remedying the 1st week of October. I think persistence with service is necessary. My 2nd trip i was told it was the crown of the road causing this. I'm glad you shared cause i keep wondering if i'm overreacting or something.
Find a big flat empty parking lot. Try going back and forth in the same area and see if it is any better? I plan to do the same at some point.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
A few more small things.

I found another white paint spec on the wood next to the phone bay. I'm feeling like they did some painting after some disassembly with part laying around.

Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1664551665045

The right side protective film is a little high so it not rounding the edge and collecting dirt. I've not tried to clean it yet.
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1664549277779-

It looks like some kind of sealant was left on and then painted over.
Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1664549355471-

Rivian R1T R1S Picked up new R1T Ocean Coast today -  some small Issues 1664549399992-

Last edited:

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the issues. Picking an OC up this week myself.

Did you file a ticket for these items yet? Let us know how Rivian responds. I'm particularly interested in the truck pulling to the right. Seems to be an issue posted on here by others.

As a side note, what's the first 3 of your VIN and do you have a 12 volt outlet in the front trunk?

Congrats on the new truck! Hopefully they can address those issues for you.
I got my truck yesterday. No 12 volt in frunk - anyone know why it was removed?

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I got my truck yesterday. No 12 volt in frunk - anyone know why it was removed?
For better or worse they reserve the right to make any of the changes they want. It was probably to save time and money along with the second magnet that holds up the foldable floor in the front trunk. At delivery the guy tried to tell me that it was because they do analytics on what people do and don't use and right away, I was like, it's kind of early on to decide whether people use their power, connector in the front trunk or not.

I would currently trade it for blemish free vehicle. :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Few more things to add to the list:

Some of the panels are not flush and differ from one side to the other.

Now the driver side window randomly has issues going up. It goes up a third of the way and then back down.

There is a rattle coming from the from passenger door and in general more rumbles in the cablin then I'd like.

Sometimes the door will not open. The handle moves but nothing happens.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Few more things to add to the list:

Some of the panels are not flush and differ from one side to the other.

Now the driver side window randomly has issues going up. It goes up a third of the way and then back down.

There is a rattle coming from the from passenger door and in general more rumbles in the cablin then I'd like.

Sometimes the door will not open. The handle moves but nothing happens.
I feel your pain, man. My first truck had multiple issues…they let me trade it for another one because it had to be repainted…twice…just give them a chance to fix it up for you is all I can say.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I feel your pain, man. My first truck had multiple issues…they let me trade it for another one because it had to be repainted…twice…just give them a chance to fix it up for you is all I can say.
I think I just accidentally reported you. I'm not sure how I clicked that instead of reply.

Anyway, I think a new truck maybe the only option. Anytime you have to repaint something the odds of them making more marks, scuffs pulling stuff apart and putting it back together are pretty high and the odds of not being able to tell it was repainted and touched up is pretty low.

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
They did finally call with an appointment in November but they don't have a complete list of issues yet. They did say they probably have to keep it and wouldn't give me a loaner car. I don't know if it's worth it to let them try to fix the small stuff and probably add more damage or just live with it or just get them to take it back or sell it.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
sorry to see such sloppiness. SAD!
Sponsored