iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Explore trim = No wood at all.
LE & Adventure trims = The same amount of wood as you have seen in every single Rivian... Ever...
So that dash area that looks like a contorted biscuit will not be on an Explorer? Any pics of an Explorer dash? Cheers!
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

WHOA - you are not helping me make up my mind. The two pics are SO different.

I've been wanting to change over from BM to FE but wasn't sure, now I'm like which one is real - I need to see this in person-

The gray appearance = stylish and sophisticated, the green appearance screams 90s Nissan Pathfinder to me.
Trust me, it looks like my photo in person. That's why I tried to post a photo that reflected what I actually see.

As noted, I would never buy a green interior. Had I not seen it at the First Mile Event, would never have given it a second thought. Saw it there, it was a gray interior. Looks amazing. Got my delivery, it's a gray interior. Only with the sun shining directly on it is there the slightest tint of green, but not even remotely close to what is shown in the Rivian stock photos. Shocked they would even post such a photo as it looks NOTHING like the actual interior color.

Another of my photos for your reference.

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior 1656455034470

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior 1656455088747

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior 1656455218323

These are what it REALLY looks like.

Last edited:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
*Explore
Just on their website: www.rivian.com
1656454380804.png
Thank you! I know others may differ but, I sort of like the black dash with the whiteish seats rather than the biscuit thingy. Also, if someone was indisposed to a different dash colour couldn't they "wrap" the dash and other bits in a custom colour? Just a thought though I normally refrain from doing anything to my cars.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

8E90F917-8D8B-4AB0-A0D9-19BD6B3B2BDC.jpeg

C0FC23B5-2456-497D-A0EE-E739D4AD30E5.jpeg

A couple more photos from my first mile event. Employee truck. One the fence between OC and FE based on timing and jean dye transfer.
The above photos are actually the Ocean Coast interior, not the Forest Edge. Ocean coast appears mostly white in Rivian's photos, but is more of a light gray.

Sponsored

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

When were these pics taken? Or do you know when the truck was built?

Trying to determine if it was a recent build OC or one from last year. Tony's email specifically mentions the wood undergoing tweaks so we should expect a difference between early OC builds and "production" ones later this year.
I took the photos last Friday at a first drive at the old Rivian HQ in Plymouth, MI.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
1656455218323.png

These are what it REALLY looks like.
Thanks for more real world pictures. Rivian serioiusly needs to have A) better pictures that are color accurate than the ordering website B) a show room that we can see them in person for ourselves. Hopefully soon for both.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

8E90F917-8D8B-4AB0-A0D9-19BD6B3B2BDC.jpeg

C0FC23B5-2456-497D-A0EE-E739D4AD30E5.jpeg

A couple more photos from my first mile event. Employee truck. One the fence between OC and FE based on timing and jean dye transfer.
There looks like a lot of transfer on those seats. They may not have been cleaned easier but it does concern me how well they would hold up. I'm glad that I changed to FE because I think it will hold up better than either BM or OC.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

WHOA - you are not helping me make up my mind. The two pics are SO different.

I've been wanting to change over from BM to FE but wasn't sure, now I'm like which one is real - I need to see this in person-

The gray appearance = stylish and sophisticated, the green appearance screams 90s Nissan Pathfinder to me.
There looks like a lot of transfer on those seats. They may not have been cleaned easier but it does concern me how well they would hold up. I'm glad that I changed to FE because I think it will hold up better than either BM or OC.
It looks that way because I took the photos through the windows, so it is picking up the window tint.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Thanks for more real world pictures. Rivian serioiusly needs to have A) better pictures that are color accurate than the ordering website
This isn’t really possible unless they have every single website visitor calibrate their display and also view any renderings(what are on the configurator) or photos in prescribed lighting conditions.
Sponsored