Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Whoa this is cool to see! Would love to see them adding these to the western part of NC for all the mountain trips I'm going to be taking when my truck arrives!

Potentially naive question here, how'd you learn about this RAN location? Would love to see if there are any being built around me in CLT!

Edit: found this map in a different thread: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=1F-jpeAQfTwoHqy4dYtOStXLckGA714TJ

This one: https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOT...apID2=00000&capID3=00193&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE

Is ten minutes from me. As soon as I get a chance I'll go over and see if anything has started over there. There's a target and an REI right there. It's right beside 485/Northlake.
Did you find out anything about the RAN charger in Charlotte?
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Played golf today with a gentleman associated with Blue Ridge Energy and he said the Rivian charger in Blowing Rock was very close, just some issues with Rivian delaying the activation. Very interested in the truck as mine was the first he had seen in person.
Close to being activated?! So it's at least under construction? That's excellent news! I drove a lap around the parking lot at the Tanger Outlets just a couple weeks ago. There was construction going on, but I didn't go take a look at exactly what they were working on because my wife was already kind of annoyed by the short detour from downtown.

That's EXCELLENT news for my prospects of heading up to Boone/Blowing Rock once I get my R1S sometime 3rd quarter of 2023 -- just in time for our usual fall foliage trip. Now I just need some news on Asheville (hoping for maybe Biltmore Park since that's got some good restaurants and an REI), Cherokee, Robinsville and Gatlinburg locations! At least Asheville's got an EA station already, but the others don't have any good options -- there's an EA station about 30 minutes of Gatlinburg (45-60 with bad traffic), but it's not ideal.

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
Played golf today with a gentleman associated with Blue Ridge Energy and he said the Rivian charger in Blowing Rock was very close, just some issues with Rivian delaying the activation. Very interested in the truck as mine was the first he had seen in person.
Not sure on a date. The conversation left it as the ball is in Rivian's court. The other parties are waiting on Rivian. I haven't been to the site to see myself. I did stop the Rivian sight beside REI in North Charlotte a few weeks ago... and it hasn't progressed since someone posted pictures on a different forum a few months ago.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Any update on Henderson? Last I drove through they had cleared the area but no equipment was in place. This station seems to have been one of the earlier ones to start construction but has been stalled for months.

OP
OP

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

Any update on Henderson? Last I drove through they had cleared the area but no equipment was in place. This station seems to have been one of the earlier ones to start construction but has been stalled for months.
As of Monday the pedestals were installed but still covered. They installed the pedestals on 5/23

Sponsored

kostyaaf

First Name
Kostya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just R1T now
Clubs

Stopped by on the way from Richmond SC to Raleigh. Chargers are installed but still covered. EA one across the street at Walmart worked as it should.

Rivian R1T R1S Photos of RAN Chargers construction in NC PXL_20230630_160216037

Karp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Any movement at Henderson since the last update?

TD4PREZ2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Henderson RAN chargers showing as live as of this morning... any one in the area able to confirm? I'm headed that way later this month...

OP
OP

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

Henderson RAN chargers showing as live as of this morning... any
I’m heading past today and Monday so I’ll swing by if the kids and dogs aren’t driving me incredibly insane. But last Friday someone was there poking at them so I’m sure if the app says they are open they are working

OP
OP

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

Henderson RAN chargers showing as live as of this morning... any one in the area able to confirm? I'm headed that way later this month...
They are very much open. Used my first RAN today for absolutely no reason

35rivian11

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

As of Monday the pedestals were installed but still covered. They installed the pedestals on 5/23
Henderson,NC is open now. I visited this site and charged the R1S yesterday
Sponsored