Sponsored

Phone upgrade: any issues with PAAK phone as key or with app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Will be getting a new phone in a couple weeks. I should be able to transfer apps and settings from my current phone to the new phone. I'm wondering if anyone who has done a phone upgrade has had any issues with phone as key or with the app on the phone.
Sponsored

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
You'll just have to delete the old PaaK from the app, then re-enroll the new phone. At the moment however, I think Pixel and some Samsung are having Bluetooth issues, as my PaaK stopped working reliably a couple weeks ago after an update.

roscko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
You'll just have to delete the old PaaK from the app, then re-enroll the new phone. At the moment however, I think Pixel and some Samsung are having Bluetooth issues, as my PaaK stopped working reliably a couple weeks ago after an update.
Just wanted to say that PaaK has worked perfectly on my Samsung Flip 4.

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Paak does not consistently work on my fold4. It will if I restart the phone, but usually stops working shortly after.

My wife's pixel 7 pro works perfectly.

At some point I'll probably factory reset my phone... Just not looking forward to it.

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Yep, works fine. No Bluetooth issues on my new Galaxy S23 Ultra...be back here if they show up.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Paak does not consistently work on my fold4. It will if I restart the phone, but usually stops working shortly after.

My wife's pixel 7 pro works perfectly.

At some point I'll probably factory reset my phone... Just not looking forward to it.
I just put a ticket in this morning about it not working with my Fold 3.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Make sure you have a RFID key card with you, as when you log into the Rivian app on your new phone it will NOT let you get into your Rivian... You must unlock the vehicle with another key and re-setup the phone key in the infotainment system.

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I just put a ticket in this morning about it not working with my Fold 3.
Considering it works perfectly on my wife's pixel, I think it might be a bug with the phone and not the vehicle.. Seems like the UWB is going to sleep or something. I have a garmin watch that also connects to the phone app with UWB, and that also will stop connecting.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Considering it works perfectly on my wife's pixel, I think it might be a bug with the phone and not the vehicle.. Seems like the UWB is going to sleep or something. I have a garmin watch that also connects to the phone app with UWB, and that also will stop connecting.
I don't think the R1T supports UWB.

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I don't think the R1T supports UWB.
You're right, sorry, BLE. Not 100% sure if my watch uses BLE vs UWB.. but either way, I think the issue is more on the phone side than the car side. Especially since it works whenever I restart my phone. Will need to test with more devices though.

Sponsored

razmataz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, 911, Range Rover, Wrangler
Occupation
Technologist
Clubs

Will be getting a new phone in a couple weeks. I should be able to transfer apps and settings from my current phone to the new phone. I'm wondering if anyone who has done a phone upgrade has had any issues with phone as key or with the app on the phone.
the new S23 Ultra phone key is not working - postmortem from a lengthy call with Rivian tech support due my phone key failing to unlock the truck, Rivian acknowledged and is working with Samsung on fixing the S23 Ultra intermittently phone key failures. I have had the truck since late 2022 and have had no issues with my S21 Ultra and S20+ phone we replaced with S23 Ultras. Rivian told us there is no known fix except for some rebooting the phone can get things working. It may require removal and relinking the phone to the truck, which was not what I wanted to hear but after that it started working again.

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
the new S23 Ultra phone key is not working - postmortem from a lengthy call with Rivian tech support due my phone key failing to unlock the truck, Rivian acknowledged and is working with Samsung on fixing the S23 Ultra intermittently phone key failures. I have had the truck since late 2022 and have had no issues with my S21 Ultra and S20+ phone we replaced with S23 Ultras. Rivian told us there is no known fix except for some rebooting the phone can get things working. It may require removal and relinking the phone to the truck, which was not what I wanted to hear but after that it started working again.
Yep, I unlinked the old phone and then linked the Galaxy s23 Ultra with no issues.

cbaker7

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Porsche Boxster
Occupation
Government Affairs
Having this issue currently as I got an S23 Ultra last week. Previously had an S21 Ultra with no issues. I've discovered that if you delete all your bluetooth devices and re-add the Rivian phone key first, it works.......sort of. I did it yesterday morning and was in and out of my Riv multiple times yesterday with no issues, but when I woke up this morning it did it again. Starting to think its just for some reason the BLU on the phone just disconnects from things after an extended period of non-use. Very annoying- almost to the point where I want to go back to Verizon and get another phone as you have 30 days from purchase to return it. Interested in others' thoughts, ideas, and findings.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
S23 Ultra here as well...never had any issues with the S22 Ultra but, as above, it has been intermittent. Yesterday, I did delete the PAAK for the 23 from the truck, deleted the Rivian app from the phone and started over. So far it appears to be working okay...more to follow...

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I'm wondering if the variation might relate to the carrier you got it from since they all seem to load their phones with their own apps (crapware+). For what it's worth, got my S23Ultra via Xfinity (Comcast). Their wireless service is really cheap if you have them as your home internet provider.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.