Sponsored

Phone as a key PAAK ~not working: "Present a key to start your drive"

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

I have an open ticket with Rivian about the PaaK issues I'm having. So far they've only told me to do the log out of app, reboot phone, reboot truck, log back into the app (didn't work) and then told me to remove battery optimization for the Rivian app (didn't work) and now I'm going to try and remove the phone key and re add it back in.

I'll try the BT version thing above and see if that helps if the removing phone key bit doesn't help.
Sponsored

Bkasten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 tundra, 98 lexus gs400
I have an open ticket with Rivian about the PaaK issues I'm having. So far they've only told me to do the log out of app, reboot phone, reboot truck, log back into the app (didn't work) and then told me to remove battery optimization for the Rivian app (didn't work) and now I'm going to try and remove the phone key and re add it back in.

I'll try the BT version thing above and see if that helps if the removing phone key bit doesn't help.
You toggling airplane mode on and off?

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

I toggle BT off and on.

To be clear, the PaaK does "work" in that it will eventually unlock the truck but I end up standing there like a gomer for 30s-1min waiting for my brand new $75k truck to unlock itself. Especially sucks when it's cold out, raining, snowing, holding my kid, etc.

TucsonST

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition, 2020 Acura RDX Advance
Occupation
Engineer
Same issue happened to me (Galaxy ZF4). Toggled airplane mode and key was recognized. Saw the notice about permission in the app later in the day, accepted that and issue hasn't recurred so far.
I will have to retract my earlier statement. My PAAK is now not recognized on a near daily basis. When I walk into the garage in the morning and notice that the charge port indicator light is off and the entry lighting doesn't come on then I know my truck won't start with the PAAK. It is always resolved by going in and out of airplane mode but that is a nuisance.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

My truck is unlocked in my garage, so I can get it no problem. But since the last phone app update, when I try to start it it wants a key card. The app is running in the background on my iPhone, but to get the truck to recognize the PAAK I have to actually open the app in the foreground. It’s getting old…

Sponsored

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 cts, 2000 dakota r/t
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor
Yesterday morning and this morning I've used the app to start pre-heating the truck, walked out with my phone, the doors have unlocked due to Bluetooth, I've entered the truck, put my foot on the brake, pushed the lever to attempt to go into reverse...and gotten this message:
Present_a_key_to_start_your_drive.jpg

I'm playing music through Bluetooth connected to the car, but the phone as a key isn't recognized. I've had to force-quit the Rivian app on the phone and re-launch it to be able to drive.

Anyone else see this behavior recently?
Yes but it's not just rivian I have another device that requires me to restart the phone which works for r1t also. I have not tried the force stop.

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes but it's not just rivian I have another device that requires me to restart the phone which works for r1t also. I have not tried the force stop.
From the Samsung site switch to air plane mode, switch phone to reset, after the phone restart switch off airplane mode. This has cured the problem. For me I've checked about every hour and it's been working. Yahoooooo.
Well I was wrong it stopped working today again but in and out of airplane mode gets it going without restarting phone.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My iPhone XS Max was pretty reliable as PAAK. My iPhone 14 Pro Max is less reliable. I get the "present a key to drive" message a few times a week now... Even though it unlocked the vehicle less than 30 seconds earlier.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
this started a few days ago for me. phone will proximity lock/unlock but vehicle won't "start" with phone. I tried everything posted here and it is still a problem. key card works fine.

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Put in airplane mode. Then turn it off. Restart phone. After that you should be able to jut go in and out of airplane with out shutting down. It takes a minute to rest r1t. Their working on a fix. This is not just rivian this has to do with a change from bluetooth 12 to 13. Many devices have a problem.
Sponsored