Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Man, I was so excited when I first clicked on this thread. I was one of the people who previously reached out to Canvasback to create this product. However, I have to say, this totally misses the mark. I don’t seen how this is much better than what they currently offer. The product needs to create a “tub” to effectively trap dirt, sand, etc. by extending all the way up to the windows. This design would help protect the third row arm rests, as well.

I have the product linked below in my X Plaid, which I have modified with powerful magnets to replace the velcro.

Tesla Cargo Cover

I can throw dirty strollers, beach wagons, wet towels, etc. in the trunk without worrying about dirt and sand getting all over. To clean, I just pull the cover out of the trunk and shake out the dirt and wash it.

This new Canvasback cover wouldn’t give me any more peace of mind than the original. It basically just protects the carpet on the back of your seats. I don’t get it.
Pretty legit. I ordered the canvasback as we have dogs that have an undercoat with curly fur that’s impossible to get out of vehicle carpeting. That’s why we ordered the cb but I like the idea of a tub and the carpet cover.
Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Honestly, a little overlapping flap between the seams of their original design would’ve been more than enough for us. I might give them a call to see if they could accommodate that on for our order.

BG_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS
For those wanting something more like a bucket than just a flat cover, have you emailed or called Canvasback to see if such a thing is doable? They seem incredibly responsive and willing to do custom versions of things. It looks like every order is hand cut to order, so they might be able to do something more like what you want with high side flaps.
I thought the OP mentioned Canvasback was monitoring this thread. I would probably be interested in the tub-like design as well. One of our large dogs has a tendency to lose his lunch on trips over an hour.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I can’t seem to see the pictures on the website. Using iOS/Safari.
Sponsored