Person on Instagram using R1T to tow a Mustang across the country

StormyKnight

First Name
Stormy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt / Silverado Hybrid
It looks like they are able to charge without having to disconnect the trailer in about half the times they stop. I don’t have much experience with DCFCers. The few that I have seen are in the far corner of a large parking lot where this seems pretty feasible. What is the collective wisdom of the group? Are the current DCFCs located in areas where you could get away with not disconnecting? Does it just depend on time of day? Does 50:50 seem reasonable?

stingerdav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan Pro-4x, Subaru Ascent
It looks like they are able to charge without having to disconnect the trailer in about half the times they stop. I don’t have much experience with DCFCers. The few that I have seen are in the far corner of a large parking lot where this seems pretty feasible. What is the collective wisdom of the group? Are the current DCFCs located in areas where you could get away with not disconnecting? Does it just depend on time of day? Does 50:50 seem reasonable?
The EA Chargers I've seen are about a 50/50 split between the back corner of a parking lot vs dead center in a Walmart parking lot. I think most would be fine at night, but no way you are charging with a trailer attached during the day in the middle of the lot configuration.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
First truck to the market is bearing the punches, but it’s a safe bet Ford and Hummer will not get half those miles with a trailer. Funny they say in the article that Rivian stated 20 to 40 percent loss depending on aerodynamics but I know they stated more like 50 percent, anyone who has pulled a trailer knows better. Electrons do not defy physics. Still, good to see some numbers. Look forward to doing my own calculations, I know my Ford is not as much fun as I know my Rivian will be.
Sponsored