Sponsored

Percentage of vehicles with service issue?

What % of owners have service issues

• Total voters

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Trying to get a sense of how high the percentage of major issues is.
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Multiple needing repair, but itā€™s a ton of piddly shit. Nothing major so far. I can still drive the truck. However, it has been almost two months since my first report, and Iā€™m still not officially scheduled. Last I heard was mid-October. Iā€™d hope if something preventing use of the truck occurred they would prioritize.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™ve had issues that are currently scheduled for mobile repair. I just submitted for the frunk issue Iā€™m having, so waiting to see if that can be repaired during my schedule mobile visit or if it will need to be done at the service center.

The frunk issue is the biggest issue Iā€™ve had and the other two were minor issueā€¦..key fob not working and an issue with the black trim at the bottom of the rear window.

I can update once I actually have service done, but so far Iā€™m very happy compared to dealing with Tesla.

Joneholland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Lots of cosmetic issues, but what took the truck in was the fact that DC charging only worked once.

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Trying to get a sense of how high the percentage of major issues is.
A/C. Low freon was the key issue to be fixed, took a week since my R1 had to go to a service center 250 miles away.

-Many nuisance issues that I hope get fixed by software, that are things I consider "broken", not missing features. For example

-navigations sometimes takes minutes to route, or can't find locations it should,
-the on screen button on the display to pause audiobooks frequently doesn't work, I can "Fix" this, but it takes several button pushes to switch to some other source and switch back.
-the screen says I am listening to some other content than what I am listening to from my phone
-occasional DC charging unavailable/limited errors (fortunately DC charging works)
- Alexa often "doesn't know" how to respond when it should,
-mapping errors (missing/wrong speed limits, telling to cross multilane roads with blocking dividers to turn left, not being aware of turn exits I should take to turn right instead of going to a busy intersection to turn right and its not allowed, the on board map not being aware of charging stations, routing to something other than the passenger terminal at a major airport, etc)

In general, I'm surprised how poorly Alexa and mapping works, compared to my in home devices and my phone.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
No issues, other than Spotify/Alexa not communicating, but that was corrected in the last update. .....5,184 miles, about 4-1/2 months.

Last edited:

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Non-critical issues. Almost 2000 miles on the truck now. So far:
  • tonneau cover jammed - pushed back in at SC. Waiting for the ā€œredesigned solutionā€ to implement actual fix.
  • Spare tire cover catches on the tailgate cover when closing tailgate. Fixed at the SC. This was an issue at delivery.
  • Windshield cracked (not a Rivian problem but covered by insurance) and successfully replaced as SC.
  • Gear cable latch/mechanism is broken - deferred to mobile service due to lack of parts. This is a concerning one and may require a separate post. SC wants to replace the entire mechanism.
  • Gear tunnel trim sagging near door - deferred to mobile service due to lack of parts. This was an issue at delivery.
  • Cameras were freezing almost every other day. SC turned up nothing in diagnostics although the time between freezing got significantly longer since the last software update (issue is addressed by soft reset but annoying since thatā€™s not usually possible in the middle of a tight parking lot).
Overall experience at Denver SC is positive. Took around two weeks to schedule service and the mobile service was scheduled by the SC for the following week.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Minor issues like software bugs or the tonneau cover don't bother me. Major issues like the suspension or drive train failures are what concerns me. I don't want to be in a remote area of Colorado during the winter with my family and have my truck completely die on me.

I pick up my truck on Tuesday and I'm going in with a positive attitude and expecting some minor issues. I was an early adopter of my Polestar 2 and my Audi E-tron SUV. Both had many issues reported on the forums, but luckily I've been essentially problem free with both. Some minor software bugs, but that's it.

Fingers crossed!

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Quite a few pending small issues. The wind noise has been out there for the longest and they keep wanting new pictures. Offered to bring it in and told no.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NashvilleR1S

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Sheesh...the results are worse than I thought so far.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Sheesh...the results are worse than I thought so far.
Since the poll only references issues in general my guess is that the numbers are going to be skewed pretty high because there are lots of little problems in addition to those who have had more major issues. I voted that I have an issue, but my issue is that one of my bed lights hasn't worked since delivery. It's an issue, and will eventually need repair, but that's very different from someone who is having service suspension, drive unit, or battery pack issues.

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

3000 miles and no issues. Used tonneau cover sparingly but has been fine. DC charging no issues. Very pleased so far and everyone that has seen it is super impressed and interested.

OP
OP
NashvilleR1S

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Since the poll only references issues in general my guess is that the numbers are going to be skewed pretty high because there are lots of little problems in addition to those who have had more major issues. I voted that I have an issue, but my issue is that one of my bed lights hasn't worked since delivery. It's an issue, and will eventually need repair, but that's very different from someone who is having service suspension, drive unit, or battery pack issues.

Maybe I should add an option for "major issue"?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Maybe I should add an option for "major issue"?
I mean, if you include the bed cover, the response will be 100% of vehicles have issues...

I guess it depends what you are trying to get out of the poll.
Sponsored