Sponsored

Per Rivian: plant is running 2 production lines... one for Amazon and another for the R1T. Won't delay the R1T

First Name
Dereck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura, GMC Sierra
Occupation
Small Business Owner
This from Rivian when I asked about the Van taking priority over the R1T

Thank you for reaching out and being a valued member of our community! No, our Commercial/Fleet project will not delay the R1 program. Our plant has two separate production lines, one for the R1 vehicles (initially R1T and R1S) and one for our commercial vans – both lines are currently producing vehicles. In fact, deliveries of the Launch Edition R1T have already begun!
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

with that last comment... I sure hope you followed up with something like "yeah but only to employees it seems. When will real outside customers get deliveries?"

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This from Rivian when I asked about the Van taking priority over the R1T

Thank you for reaching out and being a valued member of our community! No, our Commercial/Fleet project will not delay the R1 program. Our plant has two separate production lines, one for the R1 vehicles (initially R1T and R1S) and one for our commercial vans – both lines are currently producing vehicles. In fact, deliveries of the Launch Edition R1T have already begun!
This was already laid out in the email that went out about production status in august. Nothing has changed there. They’re not going to retool their R1 line to make vans.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

This is a bit more reassuring.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

This was already laid out in the email that went out about production status in august. Nothing has changed there. They’re not going to retool their R1 line to make vans.
Right!! When are we going to learn!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is consistent with their previous statements but I also don't think this necessarily means that the article suggesting the vans will get priority is wrong. For example maybe engineers that would be working to increase production rate for R1s are working on the van production.

Impatiently waiting and hoping I am wrong but with my later LE res not expecting a truck before April/May.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

IMO delivery of LEs is not affected by van production. R1 production is currently filling employee customer orders, which is the right thing to do.

General public Customer LEs should benefit from employee customer production happening first.

It is only 10/13/21!!! LEs are on their way!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
This is consistent with their previous statements but I also don't think this necessarily means that the article suggesting the vans will get priority is wrong. For example maybe engineers that would be working to increase production rate for R1s are working on the van production.

Impatiently waiting and hoping I am wrong but with my later LE res not expecting a truck before April/May.
I'm a 12/8/2018 reservation (L.A) and I don't expect my truck in April. Hope I'm terribly wrong.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
with that last comment... I sure hope you followed up with something like "yeah but only to employees it seems. When will real outside customers get deliveries?"
Oh my god ?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Or "I am connected to someone from Rivian on LinkedIn. Does that mean I get priority delivery?" /s

Sponsored

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
CEO
I hope this shuts up some of the naysayers!

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Of all of the great things Rivian has accomplished, I find their level of communication to be serious lacking. You have around 50,000 launch edition/regular orders for vehicles. These people are walking beta testers and mouthpieces for the company. As a launch edition customer, I am willing to endure growing pains in return I get a newly designed SUV (R1S launch edition). So why struggle with sharing information. How easy would it be for Rivian to announce that initial R1T orders are going to employees that put in orders and the reason we are doing that is to be able to react quickly to any issues that might arise in our early production models. Boom! you become transparent. Rivian is able to keep a tighter control on the narrative and people now understand their process and have a perspective. Instead they remain tight lipped and us "launch-onauts" are left hanging in the breeze hoping for any morsel of info. Kinda stupid. PR is a delicate balance and Rivian to date has dropped the ball.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
IMO delivery of LEs is not affected by van production. R1 production is currently filling employee customer orders, which is the right thing to do.

General public Customer LEs should benefit from employee customer production happening first.

It is only 10/13/21!!! LEs are on their way!
Yes. It is sensible that the first offs are not going straight to regular customers. There is only one chance at quality.
Or "I am connected to someone from Rivian on LinkedIn. Does that mean I get priority delivery?" /s
my cousin’s husband’s postgrad business school classmate is a muckity muck at Rivian does that mean I get priority too?

Last edited: