Sponsored

Payment before knowing delivery estimate?

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
Congratulations! Did you set up insurance to start on Midnight Friday or did they require you to start it the day prior like they did with me?
Thanks!

He didn’t give me a “requirement”. However, my plan is for it to be effective 1-day early just so I have it. 1 day extra of insurance premium is relatively minor given the other expenses with going this route.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It looks like I'm on schedule to take delivery this Friday, which was a complete (and welcome) surprise to me.
Last day of the quarter... crank'em out Rivian

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance
Rivian has been pushing me to take delivery Friday. I selected a shop vehicle just last week so this whole process has been extremely rushed. Then today I get a call that during the inspection they discovered a noise that they couldn’t find/resolve. Now they’re going to try to ship a truck from another service center to make the delivery date. I’m thinking it’s not going to happen. Which is fine because I’ve been telling them my financing is not ready yet, though I’m getting there.

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
Rivian has been pushing me to take delivery Friday. I selected a shop vehicle just last week so this whole process has been extremely rushed. Then today I get a call that during the inspection they discovered a noise that they couldn’t find/resolve. Now they’re going to try to ship a truck from another service center to make the delivery date. I’m thinking it’s not going to happen. Which is fine because I’ve been telling them my financing is not ready yet, though I’m getting there.
I’m glad that they are at least not releasing the problem child version to you.
Sponsored