Sponsored

Pay with cashiers check at delivery in Oregon?

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

That’s the question. Has anyone paid with a cashiers check at home delivery in Oregon? I’ve scheduled delivery for Friday and of course my guide is out so I got pass of to a guide on call, and so far no response to this question. Just wondering how it works in Oregon.
Sponsored

jjlikejj

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Urus
No, the payment needs to be cleared and taken care of I believe 24 hours prior to your delivery time.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

No, the payment needs to be cleared and taken care of I believe 24 hours prior to your delivery time.
Thanks for the reply. My guide is out until Thursday and I’m not getting a response from the on-call guide……I knew I’d get something here first. 😂

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I overnighted a check to Rivian before delivery. I don't think it cleared before delivery though. I sent them a scan of it before I mailed it.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Thanks for the reply. My guide is out until Thursday and I’m not getting a response from the on-call guide……I knew I’d get something here first. 😂
Congrats on getting yours! It’s worth the wait!

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

That’s the question. Has anyone paid with a cashiers check at home delivery in Oregon? I’ve scheduled delivery for Friday and of course my guide is out so I got pass of to a guide on call, and so far no response to this question. Just wondering how it works in Oregon.
My first guide said they just needed a pic of the check and tracking number for it. Don’t need it in hand or cleared.
And cashier’s check at delivery was NOT acceptable.
Guide suggested / I’m planning to ACH my cash and mail the check once I know truck is in town.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

My first guide said they just needed a pic of the check and tracking number for it. Don’t need it in hand or cleared.
Guide suggested / I’m planning to ACH my cash and mail the check once I know truck is in town.
Yep that’s how it works. I got a cashiers check uploaded a picture of it and sent the tracking number when I dropped it at FedEx.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I did factory pickup and handed them the check. I do not remember the verbiage but when I uploaded the image of the check in the 8 steps, there was an option for a tracking number or a click for hand deliver at pickup.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I did factory pickup and handed them the check. I do not remember the verbiage but when I uploaded the image of the check in the 8 steps, there was an option for a tracking number or a click for hand deliver at pickup.
That’s what I would have preferred including factory pickup. They assured me it wasn’t possible to hand them the check at delivery in Oregon. They said for here they had to have it or at least have a tracking number 24 hours before delivery. 🤷‍♂️ It’s all good, 21 hours and counting.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Best option is electronic fund transfer with ACH. And I think at least 24 hrs before delivery if not at factory.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
I just finished the process and from “Hey, I’m ready” to “we will allow your delivery” was 3 days because of all the of the information everyone shared on their experiences.

Thank you.
Sponsored