Sponsored

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I agree with that reasoning, but since that the door has been advertised as a place I should stand to load things in the bed or on the roof, I would at least expect that loop to not stick up as far as it *appears* to in the screenshot.
Agreed. In reality it is probably maybe a half an inch or so above the main surface so not really a big deal. I just thought it was interesting.
Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I don't think that is necessarily true...The trunk in my Tesla can be set to open all the way, barely, or anywhere in between. This is to ensure that you don't open the massive trunk into a garage door or whatever may be overhead. I don't have mine open all the way but when I am at a place where I can, and I need it opened all the way, I push up to it's maximum opening. I am sure there is an adjustment that can be made.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
2) LT 265/65R20 tires. LT tires are a bit much for a 6k lbs vehicle. My f-150 weighs about 6200 lbs and I don't use LT tires on it. I've bought LT tires on a Tundra before and regretted it. Braking and acceleration are worse. I lose fuel efficiency. And it's a rougher ride. The R1T will never get nearly heavy enough for LT tires.
I'm planning on the 20" wheels. I think my second set of tires will be a non LT, all-season tire. I bet the range gets much better, maybe beating whatever they get from the EPA on the 21" wheels.
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.04.50 PM.png
I've ran LT tires on several trucks and SUVs. If you actually go off-road, LT tires are preferred -- usually more plys in their construction and overall stronger tires.

Considering that Rivian is offering 20" for offroad-focused buyers and 21"/22" for more road-focused buyers, I think it's fantastic that they may include decent tires with their off-road wheel option.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I agree with that reasoning, but since that the door has been advertised as a place I should stand to load things in the bed or on the roof, I would at least expect that loop to not stick up as far as it *appears* to in the screenshot.
I'd be more worried about sitting. I guess you'll just either need to enjoy it, or learn your lesson quickly.

BBeach

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm confident that's actually the Launch Green, and it looks sick. Definitely changes in different light.
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.17.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.18.14 PM.png
That is what I thought Launch Green

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I noticed that also, and the fact that he ended up pushing it up a little makes me think it didn't open completely as expected....?? Just another kink to be worked out I guess..
I suspect this is by design. Before he pushes it up any higher it is about at the level of his head, which you can see later is pretty close to the height of the roof. This is exactly the frunk functionality those of us that will have kayaks strapped to the roof want, so the frunk does not bang into them when opening. The engine cover of my C8 operates this way also, but for different reasons :cool:

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I suspect this is by design. Before he pushes it up any higher it is about at the level of his head, which you can see later is pretty close to the height of the roof. This is exactly the frunk functionality those of us that will have kayaks strapped to the roof want, so the frunk does not bang into them when opening. The engine cover of my C8 operates this way also, but for different reasons :cool:
Wouldnt have thought of that as a reason! Totally makes sense, I was bummed watching him put it up as that would be annoying.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Much improved cupholders at 3:33:
Only a short look but those cupholders look much more substantial than the previous versions. I like how David said the big improvement was the "fit and finish" of the interior and we got only a few shots at the interior.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Newer builds are awesome!

Anyone else think the movement of the latch mechanism to the door side of the gear tunnel is a little odd? Seems like something to get caught on and/or make it awkward to sit on it and gear up
Given all the bad karma I've accumulated for laughing about testicular injury that resulted in death recently, it definitely makes me nervous.

Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Not to be a downer, but check out that arm rest while they were talking about "fit and finish"
?

Rivian R1T R1S Patagonia to LA to Now | Electric Adventure Vehicles | Rivian Feature Video 2021-01-12_08-43

...I'm sure all this will be resolved in the next 6 months. I'm happy with the delivery delays if this is the stuff they're finding and fixing in the pre-prod vehicles.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Not to be a downer, but check out that arm rest while they were talking about "fit and finish"
?

2021-01-12_08-43.png

...I'm sure all this will be resolved in the next 6 months. I'm happy with the delivery delays if this is the stuff they're finding and fixing in the pre-prod vehicles.
That's light and shadow. Wait 10 seconds for the next shot of that area.,

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

?

2021-01-12_08-43.png

Looks like glass reflection/glare.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Looks like glass reflection/glare.

I think you are likely right as this on its own looks terrible. I just cant fathom it making to production.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
That's light and shadow. Wait 10 seconds for the next shot of that area.,
Looks like there are still some issues without the light....

Rivian R1T R1S Patagonia to LA to Now | Electric Adventure Vehicles | Rivian Feature Video Screenshot 2021-01-12 095529
Sponsored